How to become a nail tech?? Please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manda_kinz

Reaction score
Hiya im new to this but joined as i feel so confused!

Im just about to start a beauty therapy course however I really want to be a nail technician, i took the beauty course as i've had no luck finding a nail tech course. so can someone direct me in the right direction..

I would prefer to do a course thats like 6 months long rather than a few days,
ive found loads of courses that are 4/5 days long but dont feel this is long enough to be taught a full nail tech course does anyone know any that are actually good and can help you progress? Preferably in the london or essex area.

Any info on training etc would be good! After spending 3 hours looking through google im even more lost! However this is something I really am passionate about!

Thanks for reading! Amanda

Hi hun,

We have the same name :D

I'm in Canada, but I would recommend you contact your local Creative academy and do a CND manicure and pedicure course. I have no idea how long it is, but their training is second to none and you won't regret it.

Nail tech is a broad term, and encompasses many different modalities. Some of us do enhancements like gel or light&powder (acrylic), some do fiberglass, some do silk wraps, some do shellac, some do natural nail care, and some of us do ALL OF THEM!!

Begin with the CND mani and pedi training, to get your basic knowledge, and you can expand from there.

I'll let another girl post the number, because I have NO idea what it is :lol:

Hi hun,

We have the same name :D

I'm in Canada, but I would recommend you contact your local Creative academy and do a CND manicure and pedicure course. I have no idea how long it is, but their training is second to none and you won't regret it.

Nail tech is a broad term, and encompasses many different modalities. Some of us do enhancements like gel or light&powder (acrylic), some do fiberglass, some do silk wraps, some do shellac, some do natural nail care, and some of us do ALL OF THEM!!

Begin with the CND mani and pedi training, to get your basic knowledge, and you can expand from there.

I'll let another girl post the number, because I have NO idea what it is :lol:

Haha thanks for the reply!! Ooh ok will check them out, already start a mani & pedi course later this month as its in with my beauty course.. so least i finally seem to be geting somewhere.. thanks for the info on different types etc :)

Here you go hun,

Courses

They are fabulous (so I hear).

LOL. you two beat me to it. I guess it never hurts to have the same info 3 times :)

Have a look at the Sweet Squared website for CND Training, they have Educators in both London and Essex.

Welcome - Sweet Squared

or give them a call on 0845 2106060

best wishes x

Last edited:
Can I ask what course you're taking later this month?

its a complete beauty therapy course at my local college however im only doing it part time so only 1/2 nights a week

LOL. you two beat me to it. I guess it never hurts to have the same info 3 times :)

Have a look at the Sweet Squared website for CND Training, they have Educators in both London and Essex.

Welcome - Sweet Squared

or give them a call on 0845 2106060

best wishes x

cheers hun, will check em out in the morn when im less tired! haha x

Latest posts

Back