How to become good at painting gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeZe

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Any tips for becoming good at painting gel polish would be much appreciated.

I keep practising but find it really difficlut to get so close to the cuticle without flooding. Everyones pictures on here look amazing like the polish is actually growing from their cuticle!!!

Tips would be much appreciated xxx

If your flooding the cuticle perhaps your using too much product. Thin to win all the way xxx

Start far away from the cuticle and push back then drag it's through and down to the tip. Does that make sense? Watch finger nail fixers videos on YouTube they are very helpful

When i use shellac and do the cuticles instead of having the polish brush going down in a verticle line I turn it around so it's horizontal then get close to the cuticle following around the edges of the nail then turning the brush verticle for the edges if that makes sense? I find I can get closer to the cuticles this way with more controll, i usually dip my brush in the shellac polish not having too much polish on the brush then wiping any access of on the nail paint before doing the cuticles. Hope this helps not sure if anyone else does it like this?

When i use shellac and do the cuticles instead of having the polish brush going down in a verticle line I turn it around so it's horizontal then get close to the cuticle following around the edges of the nail then turning the brush verticle for the edges if that makes sense? I find I can get closer to the cuticles this way with more controll, i usually dip my brush in the shellac polish not having too much polish on the brush then wiping any access of on the nail paint before doing the cuticles. Hope this helps not sure if anyone else does it like this?

This is exactly how I do it I find it so much easier!! Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back