How to blend an acylic nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your reply.
If the cuticle area is already thin and flush with the natural nail is there still a definite need to still blend with a 180 and a 240 grit to stop any lifting or could I just give a light swipe with a block ?

Blend?? IMO - Seal, yes. use a 240 or higher abrasive and seal the the enhancement around the cuticle line, why? you still need to remove the slightly rough top layer where the monomer has evaporated, leaving you with a grainy texture, then get buffing if that is the finishing service you choose.

i was not moaning, i was pointing out that there seemed to be some confusion.
i think louby lou answered the question in the very first reply.

Ive just started learning how to do acrylics with white tips.I dont have a nail drill so which is the best method to remove any not so smooth areas without scratching the nail?
Also, is it better to use one bead of pink or two?

amanda x

although i am trained on an e file (not a drill) i never use one!! i graduate the grits until the nail is smooth. no matter what you will get scratches on the nail. that is why you need to go from a more abrasive grit to a ultra fine for finishing the nail.

as far as one bead or two, i feel it is a matter of prefrence and your ability for control on larger beads of product. i use the 3 ball method, its what i was taught had have perfected it. once you learn control of the method you are being taught, then you can work on other methods, that way you will always have one method that works, while perfecting another. i am now working on the two ball method, but not liking it as much.

also you do not need to blend with a white tip to the natural nail, you will lose you perfect smileline.

hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back