How to create this

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amore Hair

Reaction score
Have a new client who is wanting an ombré effect,

She has been going to a stylist for some time however she says she's never 100% happy with the results, she feels she's getting more of a dipdye finish with a visible line between colours.

I am attaching her hair now and how she would like for it to be.

Can any one give me any advise on where to start, I'm anxious as I want it to be right, knowing she's not happy with it at the moment but also hate having to correct some one else's work having no ideas on what was used or what technique was used. She does know that last time her roots where done it was done with a shade darker tint as the stylist didn't have her usual colour, that's all she can tell me about how what she currently has has been achieved!

I also feel her fringe is in the way!! Lol, which probably sounds redicolous!! But she has this block of dark across her face, very full straight fringe.

Urge been racking my brains all morning about this and getting no where fast :-( all I have at the moment is cool the ends dowpossibly with a 12/16 kp.

Any thoughts any one, how do you feel trying to correct/improve other people's work?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 290
Ask what she likes about sjp's hair. It will look different as she has the full fringe which you really need to keep dark, so she won't have the lighter pieces right at the front, and you are also working on a darker base so it will be more contrasting unless you are planning to lighten the base too.

I would use a balayage technique to lift the hair lighter, but spjs hair has lots of dimension, it is not solid through the ends. Maybe bring a darker lowlight through the midshaft.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's Whitney port lol she does look like sjp in that pic though doesn't she xx

Hi,

She loves the colours, I've been to take the test pieces and there is so much orange and yellow!!

She loves that there are darker lowlights running right through to kids and ends, where as her own hair is solid "blonde" with no dark,

I'm completely forgetting an ombré technique and going to do it by weaving,

Currently thinking of taking the longest layers with kp 12/11 which I've tested and it cleans the yellow up lovely

Then dropping down to a slightly darker base to blend through,

We are going to do fine highlights nearer the root area to break up the block dark colour and eliminate the dip dye look she currently has and I suggested adding some fine lowlights throughout to get that nice blend through, was thinking 7/7 but not sure 100% on this :-/

I feel like my heads gone to pot on this one because I know she's so unhappy with the results she got from the original salon she had it done at so want it to be perfect with extra perfection!!!!!

Also,

From seeing her in person the original technique has been done purely with bleach, I'd say 3% working to 12% on the ends, her ends are shocking but she has said she knows she needs a good cut!!

Have a new client who is wanting an ombré effect,

She has been going to a stylist for some time however she says she's never 100% happy with the results, she feels she's getting more of a dipdye finish with a visible line between colours.

I am attaching her hair now and how she would like for it to be.

Can any one give me any advise on where to start, I'm anxious as I want it to be right, knowing she's not happy with it at the moment but also hate having to correct some one else's work having no ideas on what was used or what technique was used. She does know that last time her roots where done it was done with a shade darker tint as the stylist didn't have her usual colour, that's all she can tell me about how what she currently has has been achieved!

I also feel her fringe is in the way!! Lol, which probably sounds redicolous!! But she has this block of dark across her face, very full straight fringe.

Urge been racking my brains all morning about this and getting no where fast :-( all I have at the moment is cool the ends dowpossibly with a 12/16 kp.

Any thoughts any one, how do you feel trying to correct/improve other people's work?

Could u not put a few seriously fine weaves through the fringe to break it up a little? Xx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Could u not put a few seriously fine weaves through the fringe to break it up a little? Xx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm intending to, with me doing a fine weave through her top section to break the dark I'm thinking I'm lift a fine section of fringe up then add some highlights to the underneath just to break it up.

Looking at what she eventually wants to achieve I'm so confused as to what she has ended up with at the previous salon as I can see no real connection!

I would be tempted to back comb the roots on my sections and randomly foil weaves through the whole lot. Then do a root drag colour so that her roots stay a natural darker colour than the ends. Also yes id pick up a fine section of her fringe and weave some fine foils in it to break it up xx

I would be tempted to back comb the roots on my sections and randomly foil weaves through the whole lot. Then do a root drag colour so that her roots stay a natural darker colour than the ends. Also yes id pick up a fine section of her fringe and weave some fine foils in it to break it up xx

This is what I'm thinking, but she doesn't want it the same blonde right through, have done a test and kp 8/1 blended through into the kp 12/11 works lovely,

Can get a good lift on that dark area with bleach to break it up, I'm just umming on the adding fine lowlights though on what colour to go for, she doesn't want her roots doing as the previous salon used a tint that was to dark, so she wants to break the area up and allow her natural colour to be the darker area.

I'm now thinking to do the fine lowlights through with 6/7, unless anyone has any better thoughts suggestions?

Love coming on here, don't often post as can usually find a bread about what I'm looking for and your all so kind and helpful.

Sadly the other lady in our salon is all for herself and no team support. Xx

Latest posts

Back