How to deal with former employee and "copying"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarmaHairGirl

Reaction score
I work at a booth rental salon that recently revoked the contract of another stylist. We gave her 30 days notice that she needed to move on. We agreed that we would keep things cordial as long as she did not steal anything, bad mouth, or do anything to make us look bad. She was horrible at haircuts and color!!!! She was the type that always complained, told us of previous "bad" salons she worked at, and she even told us how when she has left salons she has stolen stuff. wow, right????

She stayed about 2 weeks into her 30 days and everything seemed fine. She brown nosed like crazy to try to stay, but....no way!!!! She actually went back to an in town salon she was at previously...one that she said was horrible. The same place that had to take her to small claims court to get her booth rental fees......She bad mouthed this salon and the owner all the time. Crazy that she went there, but I'm sure no place else would take her.

A month later she is copying everything we do. She is copying our Facebook page, our specials, our sales, products we sell, everything. The biggest thing is that she somehow went through paperwork and found out the salon's bow and rhinestone flip flop supplier. (We sell tons of boutique hair bows and cheer bows) We had gotten in contact with them and requested that they no longer sell to her and they are in agreement with that. They actually sent her latest order to us!!!! She has put ads in the local paper advertising her bows and even used our slogan "Got Bows?"

How do we deal with this? What can we do to stop her from taking our business? I know this is a cut throat business, but I need some ideas!!!!

Thank you!!!!

I wouldn't worry about it too much, what goes around comes around.

I would talk to an attorney, and maybe have him/her send her a nasty letter. What you are describing is intellectual property, and your lawyer would know more about how your state handles such a thing. It might be hard to prove, and being there isn't any trademarks put into place, who knows what might come of it. It would be worth it pay an attorney to find out.

She isn't honest, seems flighty. I can't see her getting rich on evil ways.

All the best to you, keep doing your good work :)

Latest posts

Back