How to do cascading glitter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs hardy

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know how to do cascading glitter on gelish and shellacw thinking maybe the gelish glitter but want to try with lecente glitter. SG won't upload the pic, it looks like dripping icicles

I think I know what you mean.... Do you mean so it's not a gradient or ombré but actual clear, difinitive drips?!

I would probably carve it - so do your rockstar nail with whatever glitter you want, topcoat and wipe away tacky layer so it's a finished nail. Then with your colour, paint a full coverage coat over the top, leave it for a few minutes (it will thicken slightly) the using a dotting tool, carve your icicle shapes into the colour layer to reveal the glitter underneAth. Cure, topcoat and finish :) hope that's what you were looking for xx

I think I know what you mean.... Do you mean so it's not a gradient or ombré but actual clear, difinitive drips?!

I would probably carve it - so do your rockstar nail with whatever glitter you want, topcoat and wipe away tacky layer so it's a finished nail. Then with your colour, paint a full coverage coat over the top, leave it for a few minutes (it will thicken slightly) the using a dotting tool, carve your icicle shapes into the colour layer to reveal the glitter underneAth. Cure, topcoat and finish :) hope that's what you were looking for xx

Hi thats exactly the description I mean. Thanks I'll give that a bash

Mix glitter with top coat on a piece of foil, then use art brush to do it? Then cure then 2 top coats after

Latest posts

Back