How to get straight hair!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherry1401

Reaction score
i have naturally curly hair, and have used many shampoos and conditioners that claim to create sleek straightness after blowdrying and straightening.

curently i am using aussie frizz control but my hair still looks frizzy, i am wondering if anyone can recommend a sshampoo and conditioner and a product that can solve this problem many thanks.:lol:

Hey!! Are you using a good quality pair of straightners?? GHDs straighten my friends afro hair. I usualy find that if you have realy curly hair then straightening irons are the only thing that will give that poker straight look!!! Also using a shampoo and conditioner for curly hair is best as its nice and moisturising (try TIGI curls rock) Also when strightening make sure your sections are small and thin and that you get realy close to the root, and dont forget your heat protection cream/spray before blow drying and straightening. Hope this helps!!:green:

Hi I hope this helps you, I agree with sarah´s suggestion you should be using a shampoo and conditioner for curly hair, this type of texture needs extra moisture or it will break off. Curls Rock by TIGI is one of the best options out there keep in mind that you should leave the shampoo on at least 3 mins before rinsing and the conditioner for at least 5 so the ingredients in these can penetrate the hair shaft. I also recommend washing your hair twice a week at the most. Your scalp has essential oils that help keep your hair healthy and shiney. I also agree that the GHD flat iron is one of the best investments you will ever make but should always be used with product, try Seriously Straight By TIGI, it is a bit pricey but I use it at the salon and get as much as 4 months use from it. Just remember that when using professional products a little goes a long way. Finally to finish your style and get rid of those pesky flyaways I recommend using a dab of TIGI´s Manipulator paste, warm it up in your palms and smoothe away those tiny hairs, it creates a lot of texture but be careful not to use too much of any of these prodcuts (seriously straight, Manipulator)or you will get an oily mess. :D

Last edited:
all of the above is correct and valid but i definatly feel that the most important part of taming wild hair, is in the blow dry, if u dont dry it well it wont str8n well and wont stay str8 as long. . if u have the time blow dry the hair using a flat paddle brush or a big round barrel brush, in small sections, keeping an even tension. if u are not one who has plenty time., section hair into small sections and blow dry from root to end always keeping the air blowing in a downward direction. one the hair is dry str8n in smal sections. . .
i didnt advise any products because i use tigi too and the dont want to step on the two peoples toes who commented above. . xx

all of the above is correct and valid but i definitely feel that the most important part of taming wild hair, is in the blow dry, if u dont dry it well it wont str8n well and wont stay str8 as long.

This is so true, i have frizzy hair and it I dont dry it properly then it doesnt matter how much product or what straighteners I use.

Latest posts

Back