How to go further up google listings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyboo

Reaction score
Is there anyway we can get our salon website to appear further up on google listings? At the moment we are on the forth page & would ideally like to be somewhere on page one!!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

This practice is called SEO.
There are many things you can do but many contributing factors

1. Your website
2. Your on page SEO and content.
3. Off page SEO (normally have to pay a company for)
4. Your keywords.
5. Other bits I've probably forgotten lol.

Depending on your keywords SEO can range from £100 a month to £1000's per month or even 10's of thousands for the big boys out there.

You can buy keywords from Google . advertise with them then record your response versus costs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can buy keywords from Google . advertise with them then record your response versus costs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well to a degree you buy the keyword. I take it you're talking about AdWords?
Your still competing in price per click against the competition for top spot so can be costly. Plus once the money runs out your advert falls off the face of the earth.

I see Adwords as a quick solution.
Organic SEO is a long term solution.

You need to search on here for a member called SEANY . he has written 100s of articles on salon geek about this exact topic.
However i am number one on all searches in my area, with different keywords and luck if i get one call a day at the moment althu i get 100s of hits...don't put all your eggs in one basket..social media works best for me

Thankyou everyone for great advice x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

You need to search on here for a member called SEANY . he has written 100s of articles on salon geek about this exact topic.
However i am number one on all searches in my area, with different keywords and luck if i get one call a day at the moment althu i get 100s of hits...don't put all your eggs in one basket..social media works best for me

You'll have to check to see if your visitors are unique or returning. Some folks have their own website as their homepage, and when they look at stats they think they got 400 visitors in a month, but in actuality it was just them opening a new browser and hitting the home page :)

Your website needs to be designed to convert. You have to understand that if a customer lands on your website, it's not just about images, massive amounts of content and etc. Right now when I look at your website; I'm looking at content above the fold (first thing I see on the screen and where the eyes usually go), and it's a lot of links, and no where for me to book an appointment.

I know some people work very hard on their websites, and are passionate about it. But it's my responsibility to say; if you're not getting any business from your website, who cares if you're ranked 1st. You're better off being 3rd and getting 5 new clients a month from it. :wink2:

To go off of what BannerPenguin said; there are many things you can do, but other than adwords, everything else is a longer term solution. Content is king, but many don't understand what that actually means.

There are companies that promise you first page listings within 24 hours for hundreds of dollars a month and essentially what they're doing is this; Google Local and the sad part is that it's a free service! People just taking advantage of others lack of knowledge which upsets me beyond belief. :irked:

Content
Your sites design and how quickly it loads (user experience is now an important factor)
Other relevant sites linking to your site
Amount of time people spend on your website and bounce rates
Your social media presence is now important as well.

It takes work, but if you do it, it's a long term solution that will bring you business for a very very long time.

Latest posts

Back