How to improve at L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krum

Reaction score
I'm trained in acrylics through my local college- I did a part time course.
I don't feel confident at all. The class was huge and I know the nail I produce aren't up to scratch. I was trained using the edge.
What is the best way to improve? Would it be to do a completely new course with a brand as a beginner? Or a conversion course? Would that help me improve? I know how to do everything but I need some help getting them perfect and lasting.
Thanks

I wouldnt do a beginners course if it's only the application you want to improve, if you wish to convert to a different brand I would personally do a conversion course and a 1 to 1 session if you feel like you just want some help on specific things.

However if you are happy with The Edge, you could contact them directly and book yourself a 1 to 1 session, as I'm sure they'll offer those.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to use a different brand. Probably NSI. Would a conversion course help me improve as well as use their products? Or just learn to use their products?

if you're going to be converting to another brand anyway then do the conversion course, and if you still feel like you need additional help then you can book a 1:1 with your trainer.

1 to 1 sessions with your educator would help - as has been advised by other members. Other than that practise, practise and more practise! Is there any areas in particular that you would like to work on?

1 to 1 sessions with your educator would help - as has been advised by other members. Other than that practise, practise and more practise! Is there any areas in particular that you would like to work on?

Mainly ratio and quick filing. Infills too.
I wish I'd learnt gel extensions instead. It's not that I think it's easier I just think they would suit me better.

Latest posts

Back