How to know the right place to go

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffle

Reaction score
Right So I am lacking in the skill section I am all nails and not a lot else. I did do a hairdressing course and a make-up course a few years ago but nails is really my calling.
Most jobs around me seam to want an all-rounder so I need to do some other courses so I can find a job. I fancy waxing, eye brow/lash treatments for the moment. I have found some courses online that are close to me, But how do I make sure they are the right courses to do and that it will be a recognised qualification and not just a "bit of fun course" If I go to a local college I will have to wait untill september next year now so want to get going and not have to wait if I dont have to.

I can't really comment on nails as I don't do them, however what I would say is I think you CAN do nails and nothing else. If your service and product is hot and your pricing is relevant to that, then nothing is stopping you.

My passion is makeup, I do some eye treatments that compliment them that I like doing. I considered doing beauty at college rather than cosmetics but I don't have any interest in waxing, pedicures and manicures, although I do want to learn more about skincare and specialize in facials. So I plan to become as good as I can be at what I do and to keep on learning, so people know they come to me for a **** hot service.

What I am trying to say in a long ramble is whilst upskilling to other areas is a great idea, don't feel you have to if you don't want to... there are some brilliant nail techs on here that specialize only in nails xx

Edited to add I didn't read the rest of your post!

I did lots of research here on sg about my ee course (I chose eyelash emporium). You can also check if the short course you do is accredited with city and guilds and that you'd be insured with it. I know my course was a VTCT one so I knew it was, another geek should be able to help a bit more :) maybe check modules, health and safety and that BABTEC would accept it x

I hope this helps a bit, my brains still pretty fuzzy xx

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for your reply :)

Its a tricky one. I think it is something I need to have a think about. I want to get out there but I dont want lack of skill to hold me back.

Don't dismiss your local college - the one I go to has new courses starting again in January.

I've seen they do a waxing, eye treatments and lots of others.

I'd certainly consider that rather than an online course (how can you know if you're doing it right/or wrong) with no-one to show you?

Latest posts

Back