How to lift my client’s root without bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSblushandbrush

Reaction score
I have a client who I’ve done multiple full head of Highlights on, she hated the way her natural hair shows through so last time I run and 12.0 igora highlift through the leave out and it lofted golden blonde. She’s now asking me to do an all over colour as she wants to get away from highlights her base is 7/8. I’ve tried explaining that an all over 9/10 won’t lift her root and it’ll create banding where the highlift is sitting. Is there a way possible to do this without bleach? Please help it’s driving me mad!

I would explain to her firstly that global tints are more work then highlights. I would explain how highlights are better for longevity and that her natural colours regrowth would be more obvious in between visits and make sure that she is positive that she wants it. I imagine she might hate regrowth more. Could you possibly discuss the option of highlights with colour in between? If she doesn't like the base colour but does like the highlights maybe doing a tint inbetween foils would be perfect for her.

If that fails I had a client at my old salon who likes blond hair. We would use a Muk highlift. If I recall the colour was 1111 on level 5 hair (not my choice to do that btw I did not fancy the result but bosses make apprentices do weird things). But I'm sure it would definately lift a 7 to a 9. The same salon used to also break base when toning. Some places frown upon that however it might help change the tone of her base.

Sorry I can't be more help but hopefully there are some ideas for you

1602601126121.png
CHI Infra by Farouk is the only hi lift product I use for hi lifting. It is the only coloring product that....yes!....even eats through old color then lifts in a single step process. It is used with 30-40vol & low heat 15min+5min cooldown. The GB is my fave! Their reds are formulated for lv.4 or darker.

View attachment 211324CHI Infra by Farouk is the only hi lift product I use for hi lifting. It is the only coloring product that....yes!....even eats through old color then lifts in a single step process. It is used with 30-40vol & low heat 15min+5min cooldown. The GB is my fave! Their reds are formulated for lv.4 or darker.

Hey! I’ve seen ur name come up a couple times when I was searching for hi lifts. Can u tell me how hi lift rr works on black hair? It says lifts up to 8 levels? I want a vibrant red, lifting through virgin black level 3/4. In the past I’ve used Majicontrast by L’Oréal. Do you know how it compares to that one?

Latest posts

Back