Quantcast

How to make a 3D rose

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
10,231
Reaction score
442
Location
Lellipop Land
How To Make A 3D Rose.

To begin with choose what colour you want your rose to be, I find most colours look good.

I use EZ-Flow coloured powders for 3d work, They come in small pots and a varied range of colours.

Start by taking a small bead of your chosen colour, And place onto a small piece of cling film or plastic. Take your brush and flatten the bead down and pull out at the sides to make a strip, Curve the ends slightly.

Once the strip starts to set (a minute or so) remove carefully off the plastic and roll it in between your first finger and thumb. Roll so that the top end is slightly open. Pince the bottom of the roll. This is the centre of your rose.

Next do the same thing, But this time use a slightly bigger bead.

Once removed off the plastic add to the centre piece that you have made, Wrap this new piece round the centre, leaving slightly open at top edge. Continue to do this until the rose is the size required.



To make a open petal rose, Do the centre the same as above,But then use small beads to make small teardrop shapes. These can then be added to the centre piece using resin to secure

.
 

Attachments

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Geek
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
13,264
Reaction score
666
Location
Leeds, UK
Hey Lell - I just noticed this. Is it finished?!?
 

caz3

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
2,557
Reaction score
27
Location
East Dereham Norfolk UK
This is very nice one day when I get better I will have a go for now it is just good reading what you clever ladies can do.
Carolyn xxx
 

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
10,231
Reaction score
442
Location
Lellipop Land
The Nail Geek said:
Hey Lell - I just noticed this. Is it finished?!?
Yep it is Sam :wink2:
 

scattyfox

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
5,168
Reaction score
209
Location
Rayleigh, Essex
Taking a print off for the geek meeting tonite and going to give it a go wish em luck
x
 

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
10,231
Reaction score
442
Location
Lellipop Land
Oh do post us some piccies off them Lucia;)
 

Just Jo

Creative Geek :)
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
1,047
Reaction score
33
Location
Manchester
They are absolutely beautiful Lell .... I so want to have a go :) xx
 

perfect ten

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Messages
254
Reaction score
5
Location
Sweden
how much can you charge for a design like that or just one flower
 

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
10,231
Reaction score
442
Location
Lellipop Land
Hi for something as special as these designs I would have to charge between £15-18.
 

perfect ten

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Messages
254
Reaction score
5
Location
Sweden
i think i will have a go at it too, is the price per nail or full set
 

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
10,231
Reaction score
442
Location
Lellipop Land
The time this takes I would have to say per nail, But really only one nail on each hand.
 

perfect ten

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Messages
254
Reaction score
5
Location
Sweden
ok i'm going to give it a try, i hope i'm as good as you.
 

nikisatez

Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Melbourne, Australia
WOW! I love 3d work. Yours is brilliant! Will have to have a go. Thanks Heaps
 

emma&nails

Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
derbyshire
how creative are you!:biggrin: how did you come across this? wow really glad i registered with this site cool.
 

too_dam_perfect

Active Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
London
Lellipop said:
How To Make A 3D Rose.

To begin with choose what colour you want your rose to be, I find most colours look good.

I use EZ-Flow coloured powders for 3d work, They come in small pots and a varied range of colours.

Start by taking a small bead of your chosen colour, And place onto a small piece of cling film or plastic. Take your brush and flatten the bead down and pull out at the sides to make a strip, Curve the ends slightly.

Once the strip starts to set (a minute or so) remove carefully off the plastic and roll it in between your first finger and thumb. Roll so that the top end is slightly open. Pince the bottom of the roll. This is the centre of your rose.

Next do the same thing, But this time use a slightly bigger bead.

Once removed off the plastic add to the centre piece that you have made, Wrap this new piece round the centre, leaving slightly open at top edge. Continue to do this until the rose is the size required.



To make a open petal rose, Do the centre the same as above,But then use small beads to make small teardrop shapes. These can then be added to the centre piece using resin to secure

.
wow that nail is gorgeous, how long does it take to complete? I am a new member and reasonably new to nail art (via qualifications anyway, allways dabbled for years with random designs), I am oblivious to the products you used to produce the 3D art. Could you please enlighten me?!!!
 

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
10,231
Reaction score
442
Location
Lellipop Land
too_dam_perfect said:
wow that nail is gorgeous, how long does it take to complete? I am a new member and reasonably new to nail art (via qualifications anyway, allways dabbled for years with random designs), I am oblivious to the products you used to produce the 3D art. Could you please enlighten me?!!!
It took about 30 minutes to do, Although I am qualified I am self learned in 3d.
I used ez-flow pastel collection which are coloured powders.
 

beaniebabes

New Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
angelsey
:lick: ELO MY NAMES KATRINA IM 15 YEARS OLD ND I JUST WANT 2 KNOW WAT WOULD MAKE ME STOP BITING ME NAILS IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN GET THAT WIL NOT MAKE ME BITE MY NAIL THNKZ TRY GT BAK SOON AS AS I WNO NO :Love:
 

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
10,231
Reaction score
442
Location
Lellipop Land
beaniebabes said:
:lick: ELO MY NAMES KATRINA IM 15 YEARS OLD ND I JUST WANT 2 KNOW WAT WOULD MAKE ME STOP BITING ME NAILS IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN GET THAT WIL NOT MAKE ME BITE MY NAIL THNKZ TRY GT BAK SOON AS AS I WNO NO :Love:
If you had a natural nail overlay on this would allow your nails to grow underneth But you would have to keep your teeth off them :lol:
 

salonsculpt

New Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Wales
ohh my godddddd.. how fab does that look ... how long did it take for one nail?
 

lupis

New Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
mexico
hola a todas quisiera saber si hay alguna integrante que hable español :lol: porque la verdad no le entiendo muy bien a esta pagina y se me hace que es buena espero que alguien me pueda ayudar:rolleyes:
 

Latest posts

Top