How to make rose gold colour more permanent (Wella colour)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveHairstyles

Reaction score
A client wanted rose gold colour. I pre lightened it with blondor, I did ombré/balayage and then put 9/3 8/43 with 0/65 mix tone using pastel to make rose gold colour and left it on 10 mins. Client was really pleased with result but after 5 days it had washed all out so I am going to re do the rose gold colour, any advice on how to make it more permanent please?

Last edited:
When you find out let me know it's driving me mad trying to find one that works...im doing it on my hair about 3 times a week (with a toner) coz the permanent just washes out too

I'm interested in this too as I had a client in on Thurs who after having magma 39 through her hair and found it too bright we then put on 7/43 over those pieces and we got a fab rose gold colour! Typical that you find a fab shade by accident!

When I did the rose gold colour it was after I had just pre lightened it, so I put it on like a toner. I used blondor to pre lighten it, washed it off, put the rose gold on wet hair, left it on ten mins and then rinsed it off. I am redoing the rose gold colour tomorrow cos it washed out after 5 day. I was thinking should I put it on washed hair again like a toner or put it on dry hair like a tint hoping that it won't just wash out within 5 days again?

When I did the rose gold colour it was after I had just pre lightened it, so I put it on like a toner. I used blondor to pre lighten it, washed it off, put the rose gold on wet hair, left it on ten mins and then rinsed it off. I am redoing the rose gold colour tomorrow cos it washed out after 5 day. I was thinking should I put it on washed hair again like a toner or put it on dry hair like a tint hoping that it won't just wash out within 5 days again?
Try it on dry hair hun. I used blonde me Strawberry mixed with a tiny bit of apricot for my toner and put it on dry hair and left it on for about 30 minutes. I've just washed it for the first time and I can still see the colour is there. Also used a sulphate free shampoo x

yeah try dry hair and leave for 20 mins so it really sinks in.

Also make sure she is using a colour save shampoo conditioner x

after a few applications it will grab and hold a lot more... sods law is she wont want it then hahahaah

Ok cool, thank you will do it on dry hair!! She says she uses Aussie miracle colour shampoo and conditioner.

Latest posts

Back