How to pronounce Hotski to Tchotchke?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candy-pops

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to pronounce this? Haha! It's one of my favourite colours and I have no idea how it's pronounced. Sorry if I sound like a right idiot! Xx

I say it hotskee to totskee if that makes sense lol not sure if its right though! I just say hotskee usually lol xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Does anyone know how to pronounce this? Haha! It's one of my favourite colours and I have no idea how it's pronounced. Sorry if I sound like a right idiot! Xx

Tchotchke is a very New York City Yiddish word!! Heard it a lot growing up. Although it tends to be used to mean a little trinket, especially ones that clutter up one's home, it also can mean a pretty young girl or a bimbo. Here's a link to a good pronunciation Tchotchke - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Last edited:
Hot sky to trot sky
That's how I think? First time I seen it I though wow what is that!! Haha xx

Haha, i just call it hot ski too. I definitely didn't say it anything like the pronunciation given by NancySyd xx

Hot ski to totch ski.
No idea if that's right because I often don't refer to the colours by name with clients.

My clients and I just call it 'hot to trot' - not sure how it came about really 😄😄

I say hot ski to trot ski x

Hot-Ski to T'kotch-key.

But I mostly just call it "Hot-ski"

Latest posts

Back