How to protect business name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_NBC

Reaction score
Finally decided on a business name (hurrah!) It's not a registered company, but have seen the domain name has been bought (.co.uk & .com). It was bought this time last year. The site is just the 123-domain page.

How can I protect/register the business name myself?

There isn't really a way. You can trademark but costs money and can be a lengthy process. Also if someone can prove they was trading with that name before you trademarked it they may not have to change it.

Also if someone else has registered the .co.uk and .com what you going to do about a website?

There isn't really a way. You can trademark but costs money and can be a lengthy process. Also if someone can prove they was trading with that name before you trademarked it they may not have to change it.

Also if someone else has registered the .co.uk and .com what you going to do about a website?

Ah, I see okay, thanks for that.

Regarding the website, I would just pick another domain that is available, though nothing sounds as professional as .co.uk or .com, so a bit gutting really.

Or change the name to the alternative spelling I could do which is available as .co.uk.

Decided on 'See Your Beauty'. I live on the beach, and essentially all the places I would travel to are costal towns, so the alternative could/would be
'Sea Your Beauty'.

The issue I see is when people recommend you to someone and say see your beauty, there not going to know what 'see' it is when they look for you online.

The issue I see is when people recommend you to someone and say see your beauty, there not going to know what 'see' it is when they look for you online.

Good point. Hhmm...
A .org.uk website doesn't sound v.professional does it? Just when I think I'm there, I hit a damn hurdle!

Good point. Hhmm...
A .org.uk website doesn't sound v.professional does it? Just when I think I'm there, I hit a damn hurdle!

If you can't get a .co.uk change the domain name. Try something like beautyinyourarea.co.uk. Can still name your business whatever you want but a domain name like this will help with SEO.

If you can't get a .co.uk change the domain name. Try something like beautyinyourarea.co.uk. Can still name your business whatever you want but a domain name like this will help with SEO.

That's an idea. Though I've visited websites that are diff to the business name and I've always been a bit like "eh?!" Lots to think about. Just re read my comments, regarding 'see' and 'sea', I meant the alternative being change the business name to 'sea', not just the website to sea but business name still see. Sure you knew what I meant, but I just didn't make it very clear. Thanks for your advice, much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back