How to set up a training school?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Beauty

Reaction score
Hey looking for some advise from owners of salon/beauty schools on how they went about starting up the training side of things ?
Iv had a look on how to become accredited etc . So does this mean once accredited you can train students in your accredited areas ?
Thanks

What sort of training are you planning to offer?

Do you already have some teaching experience?

It might be helpful to provide a bit more detail regarding your ideas/preparation so far.

Most reputable insurance companies will not accredit your course unless you have at the very least a PTLLS certificate

- As AcidPerm said . More information please for us to advise :)

Hi yes i have teaching exp just in a diff area / profession , i know i will have to gain my PTTLS 4 and write my manuals etc .
Im qualified in all areas i want to offer such as acrylic , waxing etc and have been for around 4 years .
So from what iv found out from insurance companies is that i need my pttls and to have my manuals etc written up along with my health and safety , assessments and a certs etc is there anything else im missing?

Thanks in advance

When you say 'accredited' what do you mean by this?

Will it be an arrangement with a particular insurance company or are you thinking of something more mainstream such as an NVQ?

Yes at the moment it would be private training .
Iv now been corresponding with an insurance company and think im on the right track

Thanks

Apologises for jumping on your post but am also very interest in this and wondered how you had got on? I have just started looking at how to become accredited to offer privates training courses as I have been a hair and beauty lecturer for over 10 years and now thinking of offering various hair and beauty training from my home salon so any advise would be appreciated x

We 'approve' courses rather than accredit courses. Basically if we are happy to approve your course then any student coming through your courses are eligable for insurance with us under either our individual policy or salon combined. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back