how to show passion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clare_bear

Reaction score
ok say i were applying for a really big job and they said they wanted passionate applicants. What shows passion?

i spend hours of my day reading about hair, and finding out trends/styles old and new. constantly think about hair 24/7. its an obsession. i find myself buying £20 worth of magazines every month just to look at hair.

the problem is. its alright saying all this but on an application what would you think shows passion? i cannot imagine doing anything else and wouldn't know what to do if i wasn't allowed to do hairdressing. I have given up sooooooooo much to do it.

clare

xxxx

i'm not sure if you are a hairdresser or are thinking of starting, but for instance my c.v shows that i have done my level 1/2/3.
extras are hair extensions, hair up courses, ear peircing, creative colouring, colour correction, hair shows/competitions.
if anything this shows i am willing to learn whatever extra skills i can to better myself as a stylist, and willing to take my own time to explore every avenue of my job
hope this helps xx

Last edited:
Being EXCITED about your job, career, chosen profession. An interviewer can tell if you have passion just by the way you act. Just be yourself and your passion will come thru! Good luck! :)

Hi Clare_bear I have heard of this quite a few times , just say your doing a haircut they usually want you to think outside the box and create something "different " and try to enhance the cut with a creative colour combination as this will enhance their profit margin too
(after all that's what were all working for)

but ..... its hard because sometimes clients and models don't always want this type of hairdo,
but I suppose you could create something funky on a model by using longer hair with some added extensions on one side and perhaps in a funky colour or two with maybe a long piece or two coming from the fringe,
you just need a good model with fab make up
that will let you create something snazzy for the interview hth :hug: x minky

Latest posts

Back