How to use transfer foil with Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I would like to add that adding glue under the top coat is causing service break down. That is y you are experiencing peeling on the top coat. It doesn't dry as fast as it seems.

My tip for applying to inhibition layers is to press VERY FIRMLY. And try to use the thinnest foil u can find.

And make sure u are pressing the right side! I made that mistake in the beginning lol

Yes I apply superthin, just enough for the foil to stick, and wait for a few min:/

Everything seems to be ok the first few days until the gel capping the free edge wears a bit so the foil is exposed, then it only takes a tiny nudge to lift the second top coat from the foil:/

I thought maybe adding probond on top of the foil to make the second top coat stick lol! I might try that on myself but I don't foresee any good outcome of that:p

Lets us know how you get on. x

I do not understand why y'all are having so many problems. I use foils all the time and never have I ever had any problems pressing them into the inhibition layer of any product. I use all different types of foil. I've never removed anything from the back. The only problem I've ever had is not allowing enough dry time when using traditional polish. But that was my fault.

Here are some pictures. First: traditional polish over acrylic, second: shellac, last two: Gelish.

I too have problems getting foil to stick to the inhibition later of Gelish, as if the inhibition layer is too wet (yes, correct lamps & new bulbs)

It will stick in spots but not cover the whole nail.

If I buff then apply glue & do the nails in 3 segments ie. middle then sides it covers ok but does wear on the free edge towards the end of the 2 weeks.

I too have problems getting foil to stick to the inhibition later of Gelish, as if the inhibition layer is too wet (yes, correct lamps & new bulbs)

It will stick in spots but not cover the whole nail.

If I buff then apply glue & do the nails in 3 segments ie. middle then sides it covers ok but does wear on the free edge towards the end of the 2 weeks.

Yup I can also get it to stick in spots, but what I want to achieve is a more fuller coverage like in Fingernail fixers video, you can keep going back over the same area but it just wont take sometimes.

I have the correct lamp with brand new bulbs, I apply very thinly and the foils I have are very thin with a silvery backing.

Shellac + Foil + CND Additives + Glitter | Facebook

I'm thinking of trying the foils from dollar nail art.com as Fingernail Fixer suggests, but there shipping costs are very high and there's still no guarantee they will work on gelish.

Latest posts

Back