How will the living wage affect your business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised with the huge jump from £6.50 to £9.00! Its such a big difference, normally it goes up by pennies not pounds!

I'm surprised with the huge jump from £6.50 to £9.00! Its such a big difference, normally it goes up by pennies not pounds!
Got 5 years until it gets to that point. Goes to £7.20 from next April for over 25's only.

Price increase I think, I have been in business just over 3 years and have not altered my prices in that time so I think a price increase next April is on the cards

I'll be increasing my prices shortly due to changing my treatment menu so the changes will be increased prior to the wage increase - I haven't increased my prices since I opened nearly 3 years ago. What else are business expected to do apart from price increases - I think it will be seen throughout the UK business's. My husband for example, I'm sure his skilled workers won't be happy eventually earning only £40 a week more than one of the non skilled labourers - so he will too have to increase the skilled workers hourly rates also increasing his prices to reflect it. But apart from price increases for salons I do think those over 25 with little experience in salon will struggle to gain employment against those u25's due to the gap in wages - apprenticeships will increase for u25's but I also think there will be even more self employed therapists/nail techs in salons rather than being employed...just my thoughts. [emoji4]

Was just using that as an example but I'm sure that the wage can be made up of a flat rate plus a commission and the employee gets whatever is the greater amount, so if she has a good week or month then it would amount to more than NMW but if it's been quiet, the NMW gets paid.

Yes you can.

Latest posts

Back