How would I do these?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachg

Reaction score
hi geeks its probably really simple but could I ask the best way to achieve the hearts on the pic below so that its not too raised and bumpy... thanks

hearts.jpg

To me it looks like lecenté holographic silver glitter. So I'd assume you'd do your pink, cure and remove the tacky layer.. Then do your heart in maybe silver chrome shellac since your putting silver glitter over the top but really you can use any colour. Then cure, then apply the glitter on to the tacky layer left from the heart shape and give it a generous coat of top coat and cure, if it's not perfectly smooth then maybe do 2 layers of top coat :)
X

hi geeks its probably really simple but could I ask the best way to achieve the hearts on the pic below so that its not too raised and bumpy... thanks

View attachment 74576

Jo Wickens uses Artiglo glitters as she has a shop that sells them.
You could always ask her how she did them? Pop her a message on fb. x

I may be wrong here but I'm wondering if they have been carved? So the application would consist of:

Base, cure
2 colour coats, cure each
Glitter, top coat, cure
Wipe off with IPA
Then apply layer of the pink, leave to settle for a few seconds, carve out the heart and then topcoat and cure again.

Hope that makes sense!
Not sure if that was the method but it's simple enough to try 😃

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1410369019.810917.jpg

Hi this really inspired me and I had to have a go! I used the method that I stated above but used just one coat of Shellac cityscape before applying the glitter. I used pink bikini over the top. Excuse my poor attempt at the heart though! Think I may need some practice 😃

No I'm impressed well done looking forward to having a play this weekend 😊 x

Latest posts

Back