How would you create this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsbySofie

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks.

I'm wondering - with all this shellac talk - how you would do a design like this?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/524366_339090436178192_1066360557_n.jpg

Well.. The picture is of my own nails, but i've seen this design several times. I've done this design with normal nail polish, not even OPI or China Glaze, just the cheapest ones I could find in the right colors. I've painted it all with my nailart brushes and dotting tools, then i've put on a UV gel seal as the top product to make it more shiny. I can wear these nails without any problems for about 2 weeks now.

So my questions are... How do you work with designs like this? which products would you use?

//Sofie

Pretty much same as you would with polish, but with Shellac-Techniques and I personally wouldn't want to do that with polish, never mind Shellac.
OMG that must have taken a while LMFAO

There are multipl ways you could do it: start with a base of creampuff and use additives with a liner/striper brush for your stripes.
You could also do same with other colours of shellac.
KEEPING IN MIND if using Shellac colours in place of additives, it'll take two coats of colour, so striping will have to be meticulous (and very tedious) for the two layers.
Then spot with black OR use a gel paint such as the one by VIIS for your dots.

Hope this helps.

Well it did help me a lot..

I'm not currently using shellac (work in a clinic where the other girl handles shellac - so I'm not allowed) so i was just wondering if you could make this in shellac instead of nail polish, but it seems to me it would take forever with the shellac products.

Wow they're really nice. The only thing about creating them with shellac is some of the colours shellac doesn't have. So you would have to use something in place of that. Or you could use additives but I think it would be harder to get a crisp line with them. And also you would need to go over and second coat it with your shellac too but I imagine you would do that with polish too?

It would be worth a go with shellac but If yours lasts you anyway with the uv top coat then you could just stick to this way :)

Could you not just dot a blob of cream puff onto a piece of plastic and mix each colour up with additives? Then use a nail art brush to apply each colour over a base layer of cream puff?

Like:
one hand at a time:

yellow line on each nail - lock with UV lamp,
blue line - lock
etc...
black dots - lock,
then cure all 5 fully, before top coat and cure?

If that makes any sense?!!

Sounds faffy, but I don't think it would be that bad?

Could you not just dot a blob of cream puff onto a piece of plastic and mix each colour up with additives? Then use a nail art brush to apply each colour over a base layer of cream puff?

Like:
one hand at a time:

yellow line on each nail - lock with UV lamp,
blue line - lock
etc...
black dots - lock,
then cure all 5 fully, before top coat and cure?

If that makes any sense?!!

Sounds faffy, but I don't think it would be that bad?

I thought cnd advised not to mix the additives into shellac but to only apply into the inhibition layer. Unless they have changed this then im sure they said doing so could alter the way the shellac cures.

I thought cnd advised not to mix the additives into shellac but to only apply into the inhibition layer. Unless they have changed this then im sure they said doing so could alter the way the shellac cures.

Ah, well scrap that then!! I just assumed additives - meant you could add them into stuff! We add glitters and pigments into every other system without compromise?

I saw this CND video on You Tube, and surely it's the same principle?

xx

No CND have said not to mix the additives to the shellac as shellac isn't a gel and it will alter the chemistry of the shellac and it wouldn't cure properly. It's fine to add it into Brisa and liquid and powder though.

And that video shows using the additives on top of shellac, not mixing.

:)

No CND have said not to mix the additives to the shellac as shellac isn't a gel and it will alter the chemistry of the shellac and it wouldn't cure properly. It's fine to add it into Brisa and liquid and powder though.

And that video shows using the additives on top of shellac, not mixing.

:)

Yeah, I got confused by Jan Arnold saying at the start of the video that it can be 'added to any CND coating system'. I know it doesn't actually show mixing into shellac in the video, I just thought they were some random examples/demos. It was me being a plonker! Oh well - I know now!!

Video should say - 'Additives can be added into both Brisa and CND powders and LAYERED ONTO Shellac to create stunning nail art colours and effects'. Hehe! Coz there is always a plonker like me that gets it wrong! :smack:

x

you're not a plonker hunni :hug:

everything new takes some learning and understanding doesn't it? x

Latest posts

Back