I got sworn at today at college!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for your comments.

You've been really helpful and I appreciate it.

Ive slept a bit last night, I still dont feel right.

I really enjoy college, Ive had a career change, I was in a management position for 12 years.

Ive sent the emails off to colege and Ill follow them up on Monday.

Il let you know how I get on.

xxxxxx

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time at college. There was a similar person in my level 3 group who I had the temerity to stand up to. She dropped out after about 3 weeks.

Unfortunately, the tutors are often inadequately trained to handle difficult situations and are often not supported by their management so find it easier in the short term to ignore bad behaviour.

However, I agree that it's probably time to put things in writing and launch a formal complaint. First of all, check online for your college bullying and anti-harassment policies and follow the instructions about how to initiate a complaint. There's usually a named member of staff who has special responsibility for dealing with such matters. Also, make sure your tutor is aware of your intention so that she can't later pretend its news to her.

Document all incidents as they occur and note anyone else who is involved/harassed.

Make sure you keep a copy of your initial letter and follow it up if you don't get an adequate response within a reasonable period of time.

Colleges really need to do a lot more to adequately manage these sort of situations rather than just paying lip service.

If you need any further support, feel free to PM me.

TBH it all sounds rather childish, she has not launched herself at anyone in college, and what she does outside of college has nothing to do with you, it is just idle gossip. Maybe it is just a clash of personalities , or maybe after 12 years in management, you are finding it hard to not have any control. You are both grown women not teenagers , so while being told to f off is not nice, it is hardly the end of the world. Probably following her in to the toilet just antagonized the situation. I would say the tutor needs to control the situation a lot better, i would not be happy with pupils swearing at clients or eating chips in the salon. But that is a matter for the tutor to sort out not you. Sorry if i sound harsh , but just looking at it from a different perspective.

My god, you both sound as immature as one another.

Reactions: KHS
When did I write I followed her into the toilet?

No, not immature vicky, I was showing respect to my tutor.

If she had done just that, the problem wouldnt of started in he first place!

No not idle gossip LibbyLou, she told me herself she is violent.

Prevention is better than cure, and this is the second time she has gone against what I said I didnt want her to say to me, but this time she was worse, she swore! I will talk about a problem and get it sorted out, Im not violent, it solves nothing.

No not idle gossip LibbyLou, she told me herself she is violent.

Prevention is better than cure, and this is the second time she has gone against what I said I didnt want her to say to me, but this time she was worse, she swore!

You are not the tutor here. It sounds as if you are trying to tell her what to do as much as she's trying to tell you what to do. Grow up for god sake.

..and the girl in question may be sat here reading this thread, don't think she'd be to happy having her life and problems plastered for all to see on a global open forum with over 30,000 members ...

Just do as AcidPerm said before this thread gets really out of control and gets locked

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

KHS I dont appreciate your private messages that are rude, please dont reply to this anymore. Go away.

Thanks

KHS I dont appreciate your private messages that are rude, please dont reply to this anymore. Go away.

Thanks[/QUOTE
AcidPerm...all PM's have been sent to you.to see for yourself

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

KHS, I have to say I feel for you, I really do, all that over me asking an innocent question in the first place.

What are you on here for if you cant be polite.

PLEASE - do not answer.

x

Kathair......it's over.....

Time to close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back