I have done a search but I am still confused!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahhh123

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm just setting up my website for mobile beauty and I'm going to be offering pamper parties but am really confused by the logistics of it!

Basically do you charge a certain amount per head and what treatments/amount of treatments can people choose?

What deposit do they have to pay?

And do you have a minimum/maximum amount of guests? What about offering the host a free treatment?

And also if you charge say £10/£15 per mini treatment how do you work out what deposit everyone pays?

Do you get guests to choose their treatments prior?

Do you have a cancellation policy?

How do they pay? I was thinking of making them pay the full amount 7 days prior to the party - but do they do this in cash/cheque/paypal/card?

Same for teenage/children's parties too!

So sorry for all the questions I just want to be thorough!

Hi Sarah,

I've been is this business for years and I can assure you that people aren't keen about paying up front for anything.

Please think about it, your a new therapist, your mobile and you probably do your dealings from a mobile phone. Now put the shoe on the other foot, you're the customer... would you hand over a deposit to a stranger and wave as they drive away:).

It's no good forcing your clients to keep their appointments. Take your time, be patient and build yourself a really good reputation and then your customers will honour their appointments:)

Jes

Thanks for your reply, I'm not planning on taking money up front/deposits for treatments, only for the parties. I've been in this industry for a while aswell and just going back into mobile with parties being a new thing. I can see what you're saying about me being a stranger though lol!!

Hey guys,

I'm just setting up my website for mobile beauty and I'm going to be offering pamper parties but am really confused by the logistics of it!

Basically do you charge a certain amount per head and what treatments/amount of treatments can people choose?

What deposit do they have to pay?

And do you have a minimum/maximum amount of guests? What about offering the host a free treatment?

And also if you charge say £10/£15 per mini treatment how do you work out what deposit everyone pays?

Do you get guests to choose their treatments prior?

Do you have a cancellation policy?

How do they pay? I was thinking of making them pay the full amount 7 days prior to the party - but do they do this in cash/cheque/paypal/card?

Same for teenage/children's parties too!

So sorry for all the questions I just want to be thorough!
Hi hun, I charge per head, no minimum, but a max of 8 if it's an evening, but have a friend who is a nail tech who does help out with bigger parties.
I charge £20 per head they get a half hour treatment, a party bag each and bottle of bubbly to share, and if there is over 5 I give the hosts treatment free.
I make a reall effort to make sure it feels like a salon, with soft music, insence burning and lots of blankets heated couch etc for massage.
Hope that helps a bit hun. Oh and I dont ask for a deposit, I just send a txt or ring the day before to confirm the booking.xxx

That sounds like a good idea, I'm too scared not to ask for a deposit though because from my experience of working in a salon (we booked a few parties for the days/evenings and they never turned up, total nightmare!)

I might remove the minimum people thing, I was just thinking it wouldn't really be worth your while doing just 2 people or something? xx

That sounds like a good idea, I'm too scared not to ask for a deposit though because from my experience of working in a salon (we booked a few parties for the days/evenings and they never turned up, total nightmare!)

I might remove the minimum people thing, I was just thinking it wouldn't really be worth your while doing just 2 people or something? xx
Well it's probably different for you if you dont normally do mobile, but to me, it's a good earner however many. To be honest you probably wouldn't get only two booking. xxx

I did pamper parties for a while and charged a flat rate per person for a 30 min treatment with a minimum of 4 treatments if it was just me going or 8 if there were 2 therapists. it worked well. I didn't ask for a discount, but i did keep in touch with the host and developed a relationship with her and explained to her about 'no shows' and how to keep this to a minimum. I only ever had one person not show up and this was due to her baby being ill. i never did them in my own home I always went to theirs and gave them a bottle of bubbly or box of chocs. It worked really well, but I found it hard going out evenings so I don't do it

Latest posts

Back