I have finally done it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chezzababy

Reaction score
Well it's taken me a few weeks but after long chats with family and friends I put him out!

Now have to sort out loads. Start college on Monday, hope I manage, need to sort out benefits etc something I have no clue about, so if any of you could help that would be great.

Feel like a weight has been lifted, no more looking after the drunk that he is.

Looking to the future, just me and my kids.

Thanks all for your advice etc! I knew deep down I needed to get rid just needed a boot up the bum.

xxxx

Bless ya and well done you :)

With regards to now being a single parent etc and benefits I think now it's just you, you can claim, income support or job seekers if you don't work. You can apply for housing / council tax benefit and also child tax credits. I think.... Hopefully another geek will be able to confirm x

Bless ya and well done you :)

With regards to now being a single parent etc and benefits I think now it's just you, you can claim, income support or job seekers if you don't work. You can apply for housing / council tax benefit and also child tax credits. I think.... Hopefully another geek will be able to confirm x

Thank you. Just don't have a clue, have worked all my life, I will be at college so need to sort all out on Monday.

xxxx

Congrats babe. You deserve to live the best life you can live. Stay strong! Your a beautiful woman and you can do whatever you set your mind to it. Xoxo

You will need to go to your local job centre to get help with the income support and tax credits. Your local council would normally deal with the housing and council tax but the job centre will be able to advice.

I'd imagine they will need some proof that your are going back to college etc.

xxx

Thank you. Just don't have a clue, have worked all my life, I will be at college so need to sort all out on Monday.

xxxx

No worries :)

Now your a single parent you might be able to get help with college fees etc.
I was looking at the forms I will have to fill out when I go next year and you can get help with child care according to the college I will be going to. If you are in receipt of certain benefits they help with travel to college and cost of equipment and course fees. Defo worth a look :) xx

No worries :)

Now your a single parent you might be able to get help with college fees etc.
I was looking at the forms I will have to fill out when I go next year and you can get help with child care according to the college I will be going to. If you are in receipt of certain benefits they help with travel to college and cost of equipment and course fees. Defo worth a look :) xx

Thank you, will call people on Monday on my lunch break.

Xxxx

Well done you I've seen some of your posts and I'm really glad you did what needed to be done! Keep your chin up you have lots to look forward to -So happy for you !
If you go online to dwp.gov to the benefits section there is an online form you can use to type in your circumstances and it will calculate what benefits you may be entitled to.
Good luck with college too! :)

Congrats! you're going to feel sooo much better :)

Latest posts

Back