I have this wrong, right?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LolaBevahousen

Reaction score
On page 40 of tis months scratch it's going through the steps on hose to do a French on toes. The first one on that page says that the first step is to remove the shine fro the nail a with a drill or file. I have always been taught to believe that using a drill on the natural nail is wrong. So have I got it wrong or are these the steps for an infill?

myself I would only use the file on the natural nail as you are only taking the shine of, I use the e-file but never on the natural nail, you have to be so careful that you do not take any layer of the natural nail.

An e-file is not needed for new sets but some techs may be using a 'prepper' type bit on their files. It's usually about a 120 or higher grit diamond cone shapped bit to remove shine from the nail. Anything else is WAY too harsh and shouldn't be used. But you can bet there are people out there still using an arbour band. These were used when products weren't as advanced and more etching was needed to get the product to adhere to the nail.

An e-file is not needed for new sets but some techs may be using a 'prepper' type bit on their files. It's usually about a 120 or higher grit diamond cone shapped bit to remove shine from the nail. Anything else is WAY too harsh and shouldn't be used. But you can bet there are people out there still using an arbour band. These were used when products weren't as advanced and more etching was needed to get the product to adhere to the nail.

I'm not fermilier with an eviler but it dose look like what yo describe in the picture.

an e-file is an elecric file :) (or drill as some people call it)

Think it depends on who you train with.
I found "Young Nails" yesterday whilst browsing and was watching some of their training DVD's.
it seems to be a system reliant on using drills from Prep to finish, only using hand file for last bit of finishing.
Results are quite stunning but V. different to how I am now learning at CND which is different to other ways I've seen so....

Latest posts

Back