I just don't know what else to do

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLavender1

Reaction score
Hello, I recently made a post on here about gel nails and how I'm struggling with my confidence.

I trained a while ago at college in nails and always struggled but thought practice makes perfect so I practiced but I've never been able to master the art of acrylics. So I tried gels as someone said it was be easier for me to try.

I will be honest. I started out with a cheap product that the day course provided and got off to a good start on the false training hand. No problem apparently with my technique and I was given full one on one training.

I carried on afterwards and I gave it a go on my sisters and unfortunately they ALWAYS lift. I really don't know what's wrong. I've recently invested in a new (expensive) lamp NSI builder clear gel and ASP natural tips for the natural look.
I feel I have done everything right. Cleaning the nail shaping the nail taking off the surface shine, applying and blending the tips cleaning the nail, using primer,and then applying the gel. I make sure I don't touch the nails and put my oily fingers on I feel I take every pro caution. The only thing I think I might does go too near the cuticle area.

I did my own nails to practice on on Sunday and now (Friday) they have lifted lots. I'm so disappointed after trying everything. Investing in proper products using a orange stick to go around the cuticle to make sure nothing's touching.

I'm now so low on confidence and don't feel as though I will ever be able to charge people for this. Can anyone help or maybe give advice. I'm in the kings Lynn area and would consider one to one with someone again.

Thank you

Hi

If your using nsi have you got all the prep stuff as well ? :)

Maybe go thru your whole application from start to finish

X

Latest posts

Back