I know its been asked before BUT...toners?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penners

Reaction score
Hi, I have checked the search facility but I can't seem to get a definitive answer. I've just highlighted my clients hair ( shes a base 6 with hidden warmth) she has lots of meche alternate bleach and high lift tint - I tried tigi high lift ashy one as recommended on here before but its still a little brassy would applying a toner throughout work or would the bleach grab and go grey? I was thinking of a rich tea biscuit kind of colour:rolleyes: I hate colours! give me perms to do or loads of cutting!!

anyone got any ideas? sorry to rush you but I want to get an order in to capitalhair asap and thought I could add some toner

I normally tone using loreal Richesse. Shades 901 and 902 are good for ash. 913 and 931 for that beige/biscuit colour. If you apply to the roots first and then depending on how porous the hair is apply to lenghts and ends after. If the ends start to turn too quickly rinse them to dilute the mixture. If youre unsure work in two sections, just remember to watch the hair as theres no specific development time for toners - depends on the hair x

Hiya penners.... I'm not 100% sure, but I always remember a matrix course saying that a toner won't affect high lift tint..??? Maybe throw a few more bleach packets through if that fails, don't leave it on for too long.xxx

hmmm biscuit colour as desired shade is do-able. The high lift tint would be subdued, however the bleach will give a multi dimensional look. Thing with toners they're great for glossing hair or to reflect hair if they are looking for less maintainace. Try going for a base nearer the base shade ie if shes base 6, your looking at 7-8 to control, and around 6 to refresh natural colour again. hopefully you get what i mean! xoxo

Try some mix tone in your high lift, would be a better solution than a toner that will just wash out

Latest posts

Back