I need help! Friends and family discount?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disneyprincess1999

Reaction score
Hiya I’m a fully qualified level 3 hairdresser and I have no idea what to charge, I’m in the Dorset area and I always feel Cheeky charging people I thinks it’s cause I’m only just finished my qualification. I also have no idea if I should offer discounts to friends and family ??
Please help and tell me what you charge I really want to build my clientele !! Xx

Charge what you think you are worth. I wouldn't offer free services as it's really hard to start charging after. Also don't start too low either because it's difficult to increase your prices. I used to do mates rates but then some of your clients end up becoming your mates and it just gets confusing. So think your prices through, don't sell yourself short. If they are real friends they won't expect cheaper haircuts anyway. Sorry I can't help with specifics. But hopefully you can take some positivity from this. I wish you all the best x

I would say my prices are higher priced so I do free treatments for friends and family and 50% off haircuts that way it’s quite fair

Every time you offer a discount or freebie, it’s the equivalent of giving your friend your bank card and saying ‘help yourself’.
That won’t pay your bills or build your business.

I give family 20% off treatments and retail.
Friends- zero!
Otherwise where would it all end...

Latest posts

Back