I need help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hair88

Reaction score
I've been working in a salon for years, I went self employed just over a year ago, which has been a great success but before I was earning a decent wage I done hair at home (crazy cheap) I ended up taking on more than I wanted and now I'm in this awkward position where I work all day the work all evenings and my days off for pence compared to what I earn at work!
I don't know what to do :/
Should I tell them to come in the salon and charge full price or still give them a little discount for being so loyal as my salon prices are really expensive, one of the most expensive!
Any advice on what to say will be a great help! Thank you :)
Just so you have a rough idea a full was foils and cut blow dry is £100 and at home the max I'm charging is £35 :/
I originally set out to do it for experience on friends but obviously everyone passed my name around an now I'm starting to hate my job :(

Something similar happened to me. I decided to set one evening a week to doing it at home, and if you were full they have the option to visit you I the salon. They should appreciate that you are saving them a hell of a lot of money!

I've been working in a salon for years, I went self employed just over a year ago, which has been a great success but before I was earning a decent wage I done hair at home (crazy cheap) I ended up taking on more than I wanted and now I'm in this awkward position where I work all day the work all evenings and my days off for pence compared to what I earn at work!
I don't know what to do :/
Should I tell them to come in the salon and charge full price or still give them a little discount for being so loyal as my salon prices are really expensive, one of the most expensive!
Any advice on what to say will be a great help! Thank you :)
Just so you have a rough idea a full was foils and cut blow dry is £100 and at home the max I'm charging is £35 :/
I originally set out to do it for experience on friends but obviously everyone passed my name around an now I'm starting to hate my job :(

When did you last put your prices up? Xx

Yea I've tried cutting down, but I'm too nice! I say yes to everyone!!
I wanted to do friends but now I end up doing the whole family, family friends! People I don't know :/

Like 2 years ago..
I need to just tell them how it is, I make hardly anything from this home hair and I hate doing it but I'm too nice to say no :/
Thank for replying guys :)

I'd just say stop offering home apps completely. Warn them and say you are going to concentrate on the salon on the run up to Christmas xx

I would just message/call your clients and say that now you are working in a salon full time, you do not have the time to do hair at home anymore and offer them to come into the salon. Simple x

Say you have a new contract which states you cant do hair outside the salon

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep nothing better than a white lie say you don't want a risk your job so now all people will have to Come into the salon and pay full price. Amazing how good your going to look when all these clients turn up on your door step!!!
Even say your loosing passion doing hair 24/7 and you need a break. People understand- but people always use and a ice especially hairdressers, mechanics, beauty. You don't get rediculouslt cheap beauty or food shopping or car work do you?

Thank you for your reply guys :)
I'm not to good at explaining so I've decided to set by some time and I've started to write down what I want to say and message everyone :)
I feel lucky my rent a chair side is going so well :)

Latest posts

Back