I need to get the red out, is it safer to.........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj1

Reaction score
bleach my hair or just keep recolouring every 3 weeks? I want my original black back!

Thanks in advance,

bleach my hair or just keep recolouring every 3 weeks? I want my original black back!

Thanks in advance,

Hi welcome to salon geek ,
O my goodness Bleach :eek: please don't use bleach you may make the problem a lot worse eg ( bright orange ) and cause great damage to your hair .

We cannot recommend any OTC products on here , we can recommend professional advice on colour if you are a professional ?
confusing I know :confused:

If you are putting on home hair colours I would say stop straight away and go to a good hairdressers then put your hair colour and care in their hands they will advise you and get rid of the red :hug: x minky

I've used Garnier products and i have natural red highlights anyways so I used reddish colours. Now I am using auburn colours and I like the dark colour it gives me but then after 3 weeks it looks red again.

Is it safe to use the colouring every 3 weeks?

thanks

I've used Garnier products and i have natural red highlights anyways so I used reddish colours. Now I am using auburn colours and I like the dark colour it gives me but then after 3 weeks it looks red again.

Is it safe to use the colouring every 3 weeks?

thanks

Hi aj1 sorry , I don't really work with any of these shop bought colours so I wouldn't really know ,

but it does sound as though they are far too harsh because your colour is fading so fast.
You're hair cuticles are being blown open as the peroxide in the clour sounds way too strong and then the colour quickly washes out of the open cuticles again. leaving you with just peroxide coloured hair (ginger tones )

As Jonathan said this is why it is not holding colour ,
so you need to see your stylist about a kinder demi or quasi colour as this will hold much better,
and once they get your colour looking good ,
they will also advise on colour support shampoo for in between salon visits which helps stops the fading :hug: minky x

Also there is a rule on here that states were not allowed to recommend OTC (over the counter ) products ,
This is because its a professional forum for Hairdressers and Nail techs alike so we can only recommend professional products .:hug:

I can only recommend you to go and have a thorough consultation with your Hairdresser,
as they can assess your hair and they can see it too,
on here we would just be guessing about the Condition and colour ect
good luck :hug: minky

ahhh ok sorry if I've offended anyone.

I guess I'm just too cheap, I go way more than 3 weeks can easily go 6-7 but the red comes out faster, anyways appreciate all your help:hug:

ahhh ok sorry if I've offended anyone.

I guess I'm just too cheap, I go way more than 3 weeks can easily go 6-7 but the red comes out faster, anyways appreciate all your help:hug:

Hi aj1 No noo you haven't offended anyone at all :hug: x
no worries at all , I can see what you mean about your hair , and it just needs a lower level of peroxide in a more gentle colour for it to stay in better ,

I suppose its like if I asked you what sort of stick on nails are the best type to use at home lol ?:hug: x

thats the best way of explaining it , no offense taken at all , x

I do nails to but havnt been doing them for long so ,
Ill probably be asking your advice on here soon too , :hug: x minky

Latest posts

Back