I Wanna Go Mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blingbling

Reaction score
hi guys and girls .i want to go mobile i have good ideas and enthusiam but have no idea where to start. i am a natural nail technician and beauty therapist i need so advice hhhhhhhhhhhhhelp

hi guys and girls .i want to go mobile i have good ideas and enthusiam but have no idea where to start. i am a natural nail technician and beauty therapist i need so advice hhhhhhhhhhhhhelp

contact your local business link people, they'll be able to help you with all kinds of things such as your biz plan, insurance, funding, marketing, tax etc.

best of all they are freeeeeeee! good luck chick xx

thanks darlin can i do that on the internet

Business link have a website with loads of info on and it will tell you where the closest one is to you.
You need to sort out insurance for yourself,the Guild and Professional Beauty are both good places to get it(both have websites)
I did alot of research into my competion in the local area,finding out if there were many other mobile therapist and what the local beauty salons were charging for treatments.
If you havent got any equipment then you need to look into who you want to supply you.Beauty Express is who i use for most of my equipment and products.
Im sure theres lots of other things but thats a few that came to mind.
Anymore questions just ask hun xxx

hi there, i think its a great idea to go mobile, but you will defo have to make sure you have your insurance first, you can do that over the phone and i think you are covered straight away that day, you can be insured through the guild pluss others, i think its about £85 for the whole year, also if you dont allready have a beauty couch i would start shopping around for a nice lightweight one, and make sure you order your products in plenty of time as you may forget little things,ermmmmmmmmm appart from that try getting some samples of products if your not sure what to use and check out local competition and prices,.
maybe get some flyers out & about and get a price list and business cards sorted,even try an add in your local paper it might help.
i am despirate to get back to work at the moment,not full time in a salon just a few hours a day doing mobile would be nice, i have 3 kids with the youngest one nearly 9 months old now and i do have a hand full of clients that come to my home for waxing etc, but im stuck and carnt advertise as im in private rented acomidation and my rent would probs go through the roof also we have 2 dogs, 1 of which is a BIG old english mastiff and weighs in at about 10st and she is about to drop pups in the next week, so not quite the relaxing clean cut beauty house :lol:, but im hopeing to get through my driving test this summer so fingers crossed then i intend to go there homes,
omg i do go on :lol: never mind,
good luck in your venture & i hope every thing goes just great 4 youxxx

tanxs guys you lot have really helped. ill keep in touch to let you know ow tins are going:hug:

hunny i feel your pain i have two children 1 and 4 it a real pain to find a job in a salon that are accomidiating to your needs as a parent. thats why im trying it out. would love to use dermalogica but as we know thats bloody expensive. so i had a look at hive solutions and the products arnt toooooo expensive and the products sound quite nice so im going to investigate them and i loving that spray parafin wax thing. :lol:

Latest posts

Back