I want Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne1989

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I've just started my new job in the hilton hotel spa in Southampton. I really want my nails painted so that they last as long as possible. Normal nail polish doesn't last as my nails are quite thin and they bend so the polish usually chips the day after I've painted them. And chipped nail varnish is not allowed in the spa as it looks grubby. I was looking into shellac but was told because my nails aren't strong it wouldn't last. What are my options? I don't want acrylics

Maybe try a gel? Bio sculpture is good for weaker nails and still keeps them in good condition.
I do bio and just started shellac which I love but my nails are also not great so dose not last as long as the bio.
My nails split a lot so I need a gel.
But my sister has shellac on for 2 weeks plus and looks fab but she has strong nails!
Hope this helps xx

Gelish is known to be stronger than Shellac. I think if you do a base of Brisa Lite smoothing gel first it strengthens Shellac and your nails so that may work for you instead of Shellac alone.

There are some things that can go underneath Shellac or any gel polish that can improve longevity and make your nails stronger.

One thing you can easily do is use cuticle oil, ie: solar oil or Dadi oil, this will help keep both the Shellac and your nails moisturised and flexible.

There is a brand new product just out called IBX which is amazing. It's a strengthener that penetrates into the top layers of the nail, leaves no residue, doesn't make the nail brittle and never needs removing. Can be left natural, go under nail polish or a gel polish.

Brisa Lite can also be used as a strengthener under Shellac, adding an extra layer to support the nail but not really affecting the removal time.

Hopefully that helps a little.

Karaxxx

Ah thankyou this really helps! Also what's the difference between gellish and gelux? Just a different brand? Xx

Hi Joanne. I'm over in Chichester if I could be any help I offer IBX, Brisa Lite and Shellac. And to answer your question gelux and gelish yes there are just different brands butchery are a gel polish however shellac is a power polish xxx

Latest posts

Back