I want to start doing Gel nails, CND or NSI?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimberley-r

Reaction score
Hi I've been practicing manicures and pedicures for a while now and want to start doing gel nails. I want to be able to do both gel extensions and gel polish but unsure whether to use NSI or CND?

I am currently using CND Vinylux and love all the colours, so I know I'll love Shellac colours too. There is such a wide range of colours. And CND has a good reputation among clients etc. However to do coloured gel enhancements I would have to use Brisa Lite sculpting and then put Shellac on top, wouldn't I? Because there is no coloured gel so that would probably work out more expensive overall.

NSI also appeals to me because it has coloured gel as well as the 'Polish Pro' range which seems to have really good colours as well. I also trained with NSI products and already have a few bits like the primer and polybond from when I tried Acrylics but decided not to carry on.

So I'm not really sure which to go with?

Also the soak off aspect of Shellac and Brisa Lite is an advantage but it's more expensive overall.

The idea with Brisa and Brisa Lite is that you use the additives to custom blend coloured gels - which is great fun!

Some of my clients do prefer it to be clear so they can change the colour more often but I find that Vinylux stays on really well over both types of Brisa

I use NSI balance hard gel with Gelish on top. If a clients doesn't want hard gel but needs a bit of extra strength I use the Gelish structure gel.

Would it be better to use Brisa Gel and Vinylux, since I already have loads of Vinylux?

Or Shellac?! Can't decide.

Has anyone used Vinylux over Brisa Gel and is it good? I don't want to neglect my Vinylux you see, having spent a fortune on it. So maybe it would be better to spend less on the Brisa Gel to begin with and use my Vinylux up and if I can get to grips with the Brisa possibly try Shellac then.

Was adding up the basket on NSI and it works out more expensive overall. Plus I love CND anyway and love the fact you can soak off Brisa Gel :)

My advice would be to stick to CND, something I wish I'd have done when I first set up. Not that the products I use are bad, but I love the look of the new brisa lite (which can be soaked off!)and I love vinylux :) I think it just feels tidier, and looks more professional using all the same brand. I have a bit of this n a bit of that n a few cnd things too...maybe I'm just a little ocd about this but it really bugs me lol!
Hope that helps x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

My advice would be to stick to CND, something I wish I'd have done when I first set up. Not that the products I use are bad, but I love the look of the new brisa lite (which can be soaked off!)and I love vinylux :) I think it just feels tidier, and looks more professional using all the same brand. I have a bit of this n a bit of that n a few cnd things too...maybe I'm just a little ocd about this but it really bugs me lol!
Hope that helps x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not sure whether to buy Shellac or to buy Brisa and use Vinylux. Brisa is cheaper since I already have loads of Vinylux. I also don't like the colours in the Shellac intro pack but it's more expensive to buy everything seperate but I know I won't use Wildfire and Fedora, for myself or my friends/family because everyone likes nude-y pink colours.

It's also mainly for myself and my sister because I practice on her. Trying to get my confidence up properly before I even try to set up a business. We need something longer lasting so were thinking of Shellac - Vinylux seems to chip for us after a few days because of work.

Ah don't know what to do. Want to practice, eventually have a business but don't want to put so much money in! :mad:

What's the best Shellac colour to start with anyone? I can only really afford 2 or 3! I don't want to buy the pack.

Latest posts

Back