I want to stop offering a treatment has anyone ever done this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephh89x

Reaction score
I currently work from home in a custom built studio in my garden. Just now I offer nails (gel polish) / makeup / lash lifts / hd brows / facials & facial waxing.
I really don’t enjoy doing gel polish, I never really have done.. but over Xmas and being asked for nail art (which I’m rubbish at) has just been the decider for me. It’s really hard to compete with nails I think...
does anyone have any experience of dropping a treatment? How did you do it? Did you lose clients.. just any information would be greatly appreciated x

HI Stephh89xx,

I dropped full body massage last year because my hands and neck after 37 years of the industry are arthritic. It was a good move for me and I have not regretted it. I did lose a few clients, but it was my health afterall.
However with nails I am also artistically unalented, so will only use glitter, full or glitter fade and that's the lot. Don't drop nails, as you have invested presumably quite a lot of money and will have a lot of stock. Just tell your clients that because you feel it is something you don't excell at, you are letting those who want it go elsewhere. Or bookyourself on a nail art course. It maybe that stamping and foils will fill your arty gap without the clever fine art pictures I think you are competing with.
You may find that because you have been so honest and open, that actually very few will leave you anyway.
Good luck

Before you drop nails completely, work out from your appointment book and takings what proportion of your income nail treatments represent.
Also, think about the other treatments you get from clients on the back of being able to do nails plus other stuff.

I know i greatly improved my takings once I was offering shellac gel polish, and those extra clients also have waxing, facials etc.
Nails are such a 'bread & butter' treatment, they do need to be on your treatment menu to attract clients.

I'm rubbish at nail art too but I can apply glitter, foils and stamped designs. I don't do any freehand drawing and I'm quite honest to my clients about this. Fortunately I don't do any type of nail extension and I think this is where the clever freehand designs come in - more space to work on!

I mastered applying glitter first. It's quite easy really and looks fab. You just need to read up on how to apply glitter to the brand YOU use as they all vary a bit depending on their stickiness. I learnt loads from just reading threads on this forum plus YouTube & trade videos.
You could then stick with just this if you want.
I use Lecente for all my nail art but there are plenty of other brands out there.

Latest posts

Back