I want yellowy nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailzilla

Reaction score
A request today in the salon. I want yellowy nails like they do in the discount salon! Grrrr.
What a slap in the face!

Last edited by a moderator:
What are yellowy nails?? X

What does she mean? They sound like tobacco stained nails?! Lol

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Im wondering if it's when the acrylic brush is contaminated haha!! Erm sox I clean my brush regular x

The local nss nails always look yellowy, either their product goes yellow or they have contaminated brushes. I just can't get the same dirty yellow colour! And I don't want to either!

She might mean the natural semi translucent look , instead of the pure white french look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell her 40 ciggies a day should do it!! :)

No they didn't mean a natural semi translucent one either, I showed her a sample of that and she said, no more yellow looking! I know what she means as I have seen the local salon work and they just look like a nail of someone who smokes and has gone yellowy!

Oh by the way they are not a discount salon, as previously edited, and I am certainly not being racist by mentioning the country of origin.....what is racist about mentioning a country!
It's political correctness gone mad it really is! I am English, working in Wales and if someone revered to me as the English salon, how is that racist. Even if they commented I was Jewish, that's just a fact! So why edit something of mine and put discount, when they are not discount, they are more expensive than me!
I have had enough and now leaving salon geek. Thanks very much.
Racist indeed! How offensive!

I think discount salon also refers to the fact that they might be cutting corners somewhere. How else would their enhancement come out yellowy? Maybe they don't properly clean their brushes or they don't check to see if their products are non-yellowing. Was mentioning the ethnicity of the people in the shop really all that important though? Wouldn't it just be easier to say the other shop, or something else? Either way, had someone asked me for that, I'd just inform them about contamination. Luckily for me, I get asked for the opposite. She could probably get the same effect giving her nails a curry bath tbh.

No they didn't mean a natural semi translucent one either, I showed her a sample of that and she said, no more yellow looking! I know what she means as I have seen the local salon work and they just look like a nail of someone who smokes and has gone yellowy!

Oh by the way they are not a discount salon, as previously edited, and I am certainly not being racist by mentioning the country of origin.....what is racist about mentioning a country!
It's political correctness gone mad it really is! I am English, working in Wales and if someone revered to me as the English salon, how is that racist. Even if they commented I was Jewish, that's just a fact! So why edit something of mine and put discount, when they are not discount, they are more expensive than me!
I have had enough and now leaving salon geek. Thanks very much.
Racist indeed! How offensive!

Hi, the quote I edited stated: I want yellowy nails like they do in the chinese! Had you said; I want yellowy nails like they do in China, that would have been different.

No one called you a racist...I removed due to 'racial reference'.

I'm also going to close this as I can see this is gong nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back