IBD gel polish bubbling day after application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chazs1811

Reaction score
Hi all,
My head is totally pickled at the moment with an issue I am having with IBD Just Gel Polish and I want to put it out there to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

A few weeks ago I bought a new bottle of a colour called Flowerful, after using it on 2 clients in the same day they both rang me the day after saying they had bubbles in their nails despite the nails being absolutely fine when they left the salon. I immediately redid in a different colour and put it to one side to discontinue.
I then tried it again on a colleague to see if it was just a fluke, and same thing happened again, she left and they were perfect, woke up the next morning and they had bubbled. She dealt with the bubbles for a few days until I had tome to redo and after 2 days of bubbles (3 days after original application) the bubbles had weirdly disappeared!

Fast forward to today and the same thing has happened with 5 different IBD colours!!
Nothing is consistent- I’ve tried new bottles of top coat, new bottles of base coat, existing bottles of top and base, I’ve even bought a new lamp, the bottles of colour were existing bottles, the bottles of colour that had bubbles on certain clients have been fine on other clients... I just DO.NOT.KNOW.WHAT.TO.DO !!!!!

I have over 100 gel colours in IBD JGP so switching brands will be major costly and not what I want to do. I have used this brand for about 7 years and have never experienced anything like this before - I’ve known it to bubble and wrinkle when applied too thick, or not cure correctly so I know what that looks like and that’s not the case I’m this incident.

I’m starting to dread each gel application “in case” it happens and I can’t afford the time to keep redoing sets for free. Plus it’s making me look totes incompetent however I’m so lucky that the clients it’s happened too have been with me for years so are understanding to know it is totally not normal.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated right now my head has gone!!
Thank you in advance

Attached pictures of some of the offending nails

Attachments

• 68BB984B-9269-450F-927B-CC3BF82E2614.jpeg
    68BB984B-9269-450F-927B-CC3BF82E2614.jpeg
    395.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 070092CA-2A2B-46A5-AD88-E7DE7F11AA70.jpeg
    070092CA-2A2B-46A5-AD88-E7DE7F11AA70.jpeg
    536.8 KB · Views: 43
There was a post about delayed bubbling a while back..I can'tremember if it was IBD, try using the search option for it. You can't use IBD as the word is too short. Try 'bubbling' - not sure we ever got to the bottom of it other than incorrect lamp and improper cure couldn't be ruled out (if I remember rightly). I've also got got a vague memory of a bad batch of colour a while back. I don't use IBD so I don't take a huge amount notice. I'll see if I can find anything for you. It's different for you as it's not just one colour..I'm assuming you're using supplier recommended lamp? Have you contacted your supplier for advice?

Ahh thank you I will have a look now!
I’ve been getting my gels from a couple of different suppliers and I did contact one who said they will pass it onto the manufacturer but the supplier said they hadn’t heard of anyone else have issues

Ahh thank you I will have a look now!
I’ve been getting my gels from a couple of different suppliers and I did contact one who said they will pass it onto the manufacturer but the supplier said they hadn’t heard of anyone else have issues

Are they authorised suppliers?

Latest posts

Back