IBD jet lamp vs The Daylight Company

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this lamp
http://uk.daylightcompany.com/product.plm/21/54
is comparable to the IBD lamp? I know you're meant to use the right lamp for the product, and know that you have to double the curing time if not using the IBD lamp (which I've heard can make it too hot for some people?) But I wondered if this lamp was the same quality and would cure in the same time.
Cheers!
x

Don't know about the compatability, but I know if you shop around you can get it cheaper than that. Sally's quite often have them on offer - sometimes at half price!! I use one and find that it is fine with the LCN gel.

You should really use IBD lamp for the best results. The Jet 5000 lamp is a bit more expensive, however it has a dryer function on it to, to dry polish and it also has built in timer that beeps when ready, furthermore you have the option of timing 3 min,1 min and 30 seconds. The JET 1000 is more basic and in the £100 region, but is still a much better option then using a different lamp. When using a different lamp you must double cure the times (i.e instead of 3 mins for colours = 6 mins) Double curing is a real pain.

I've recently started using IBD and began using my daylight lamp (the smaller version of the one you are considering though). I had to double the times plus a bit more to get an even cure. I was finding that a set of gels were taking me almost 2 hours!
I now have a jet 1000 which has made a big difference, cure times are faster and I can get most clients full hand in without do the thumb seperately.
I couldnt say whether the one you like will have the same cure time but I can tell you that it really begins to annoy you when you have to wait so long.
HTH

Latest posts

Back