IBD Just Gel brush driving me mad!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steffy123

Reaction score
Oh my god if this happens to me again I'm going to screammmmmm !!
I have four bottles of top coat and one bottle of base coat in just gel polish on the go at the moment !!
Omg a slight bit of sun goes on my nail desk and my brush goes so hard it's like rock !! It's driving me around the bend!!
It don't happen on colours only the top and base coat!!
Anyone else had this ????
I have tried brush cleaner and cleanser and nothing softens them !!
So I then go buy another !! And guess what !! With in the first few clients its like rock again !!!
Arghhhhhhhhh
Geek lets plz help !

Have you contacted your supplier to let them know about the brushes?
They might have ideas to minimize this problem or they may even send you out some replacement brushes.

Hi, I've been having the same problem with my brushes.
The first lot of bottles I took back to the wholesalers that I use and they replaced them for new bottles.
However today I decided to ring Graftons who are the main suppliers for IBD in the UK and they were extremely helpful.
Apparantly if you use the base and top coats near to a window or any sort of bright light the brushes go hard as the gel sets in them. This is due to them having no pigmentation in them, so explains why the colours are ok.
I was told to look at where you work to see if you can cut down on natural daylight or other bright lights. They said that most pure gels that are LED curable have this problem, however I also use Gelicure without a problem.
They are now sending me some replacement brushes free of charge, so I suggest to ring them to do the same.
Hope this helps.

I've had the same problem if I have even a hint on sunlight!

Thank you for this info ill ring them x

You need to stay away from sunlight when painting, i use gelish and this happened to me grrr now i have a blackout blind with a mag lamp attached to desk and have had no problems since xx

Latest posts

Back