IBD, OPI, Nailtiques?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snorky85

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just getting back in to Beauty Therapy after qualifying 10 years ago (since qualifying I then trained to be a Chartered Accountant). I am desperate to get back into Beauty Therapy as it was the best and most enjoyable job I've ever had!

I am currently deciding on what services to provide and could do with some or your expert advice.

I currently have the IBD Jet UV lamp and have IBD builder gels and the Just Gel polish range. I had trained in IBD and happy using it.

However, I am unsure which manicure range to use. At college I trained in OPI and love their Manicure by OPI and Avoplex ranges. However, I also trained in Nailtiques at a salon I worked for.

As I have not worked in the industry for a while, I was wondering which is more popular with clients? I was also wondering whether to use an OPI gel product?

I think my options are:
1) Stick with IBD and provide Nailtiques mani/pedi
2) Use OPI Mani/Pedi and try OPI gel products for extensions.
3) Stick with IBD and provide OPI Mani/Pedi only

My other thoughts are whether to ditch the IBD Jet UV lamp and invest in a LED lamp - OPI or IBD.

Any of your advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Snorky :)

Latest posts

Back