IBD vs Calgel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AprilKate

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has tried both or either of these brands? And what they would recommend. I am new to nails and would like the stock gel. I originally was going to get the calgel as on my own nails it lasts whereas shellac doesn't. But how does ibd fair to calgel? Is it just as good? Or better?
Please help

I've got a few IBD and they're great - massive colour choice, covers and lasts well and reasonably priced. A good choice :)

I've got a few IBD and they're great - massive colour choice, covers and lasts well and reasonably priced. A good choice :)

Is the the 'just gel polish' or the little gel pots
As I would want the little gel pots?
Xx

I use the just gel but the pots are equally as good....

Hi! I use both. Mostly IBD Just Gel for colour and then calgel or iz gel for strength and clear French . You can buy IBD with out training but you can't buy Calgel with out training xxx

Calgel and iz Gel are good to use with extensions. I put IBD just Gel over the top if I want colour.

Hi! I use both. Mostly IBD Just Gel for colour and then calgel or iz gel for strength and clear French . You can buy IBD with out training but you can't buy Calgel with out training xxx

Thanks so you think calgel is much stronger?
I am planning on doing the training with them if I choose to go with them :)

Thanks so you think calgel is much stronger?
I am planning on doing the training with them if I choose to go with them :)

Calgel and iz Gel are much stronger and can be used for sculpting a nail too so I think it is very strong yet natural and easy to remove - just soaks off. . Also the coloured calgel comes in lots of colours. I loved the Calgel training and I trained with Ashley in Hinckley who I would highly recommend!

The IBD is a gel polish used only to create colour and can't be used to create extensions only to colour them. Hope that makes sense.

I love both products as they each have their own uses. Xxx

Calgel and iz Gel are much stronger and can be used for sculpting a nail too so I think it is very strong yet natural and easy to remove - just soaks off. . Also the coloured calgel comes in lots of colours. I loved the Calgel training and I trained with Ashley in Hinckley who I would highly recommend!

The IBD is a gel polish used only to create colour and can't be used to create extensions only to colour them. Hope that makes sense.

I love both products as they each have their own uses. Xxx

Yes makes sense thank you so much!
I will train in calgel, we already have shellac so not much point buying the IBD gel then :)

Latest posts

Back