IBX allergy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFBS

Reaction score
Hi
I have had a client who has experienced 'bubbling' on some nails a few hours after having IBX for the first time under her shellac.
Has anyone else seen this happen?

This particular client has had vinylux Polish and shellac in the past without problems.

Her nails are still a bit poor from acrylics in the past.
Is it possible that:
1. She's allergic to the IBX
Or
2. Her nails are still too sensitive to use the IBX?

I've been doing lots of IBX on clients including myself without anything like this happening before.

Any advice?

Are you dabbing the excess off after placing the client under a heat source ?

Yes, dabbing a wiping with scrubfresh as usual.
I don't think I did anything different with her IBX application - I do them almost daily.

When I have done my own nails with IBX and not bothered to dab, I haven't had any issues with gel smoothness.

Hi
I have had a client who has experienced 'bubbling' on some nails a few hours after having IBX for the first time under her shellac.

This particular client has had vinylux Polish and shellac in the past without problems.

Is it possible that:
Or

I've been doing lots of IBX on clients including myself without anything like this happening before.

Any advice?
Was the bubbling on the surface of the nail or the skin? If she were allergic to IBX it would be her skin and/or nail bed that it would effect. And if she was not allergic to her acrylic then she wouldn't be allergic to IBX. If the bubbling is on top of the nail plate, it could be 2 things:::: maybe some IBX was left on the surface of the nail-this would definitely cause bubbling (because IBX is meant to be inside the nail-not on top) if for some reason you forgot to thoroughly cleanse after Repair and IBX, there would be an inhibition layer left on the surface and this could cause bubbling. Hope this answers and helps.

Thanks for your answer Linda. I'm trying to get the client back in to find out more detail. At the moment I'm going on what her friend is telling me and saw.

The client is not putting anything on her nails currently and letting them grow out. This is probably best as her nail condition was poor following the unnamed acrylics a family member had put on her and I'm fairly sure she has peeled off her shellacs.

Thanks again

Hi

Is it possible that:
Or

Any advice?
When you talk with her, see if you can get a picture of what she is talking about-that always helps to find out what is really going on.

I would have insisted on a picture of the nails , clients always love to blame us before actually taking responsibility.

She probably did something with her hands that she shouldn't have!

You are so right-they are quick to blame us or our products, the reason I always ask for a picture-but seems this gal hasn't talked to you about it. sounds like you did everything correctly.

Latest posts

Back