IBX heat lamp for Minx?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pampam

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm planning to add both IBX and Minx to my mobile services and I've searched the threads but can't find an answer to my question..
So, I know the Minx lamp can be used for both but does anyone know if the IBX heat lamp from Louella Belle can be used for both as well?
It's half the price and looks a lot less cumbersome, although from reading threads people have complained it's too hot!
From what I understand they're both 150 watt IR so it would be interesting to hear from anyone that has both if they're essentially the same thing?

Hi guys,

I'm planning to add both IBX and Minx to my mobile services and I've searched the threads but can't find an answer to my question..
So, I know the Minx lamp can be used for both but does anyone know if the IBX heat lamp from Louella Belle can be used for both as well?
It's half the price and looks a lot less cumbersome, although from reading threads people have complained it's too hot!
From what I understand they're both 150 watt IR so it would be interesting to hear from anyone that has both if they're essentially the same thing?
If you provide a minx service then you have to use minx everything for insurance purposes. IBX can be used under minx lamp. Hope this helps

So the white IR lamp from S2 wouldn't be covered for insurance purposes then? From what I can see from the pictures on the site it doesn't seem to have the Minx logo on it and it looks as though they no longer offer the black lamp.

I don't think it's strictly true to say you won't be insured to do minx unless you use their heat lamp.
When I trained in minx I was told you used a heart source to heat the minx. I used then and still use a hair drier.

If there were issues with minx not adhering, it's not an insurance issue, it's simply an issue between myself and my client. If I burn them, I burn them, whether it's with a hairdryer or a minx lamp. That is the only time it would be an issue with insurance.

Vic x

Thanks for that info Vic, I'm hoping you haven't burnt anyone yet lol! I'm tempted to use a mini hairdryer but I don't think it would work for IBX plus I'd be bored stiff having to sit there holding it!
I do like the look of the look of the white lamp being adjustable and I believe there are two heat settings but it does look bulky and not knowing if it's actually Minx branded completely puts me off. I think I will just have to go with the lamp from Louella Belle but I'm worried that people have complained it gets too hot.

Hi guys,

Hi Pampam,

Sorry I can't answer for IBX but you need to have a 250 watt bulb or a infrared bulb for Minx. The Minx lamp does have a dimmer if your customers find it to be too hot.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for that info Vic, I'm hoping you haven't burnt anyone yet lol! I'm tempted to use a mini hairdryer but I don't think it would work for IBX plus I'd be bored stiff having to sit there holding it!
I do like the look of the look of the white lamp being adjustable and I believe there are two heat settings but it does look bulky and not knowing if it's actually Minx branded completely puts me off. I think I will just have to go with the lamp from Louella Belle but I'm worried that people have complained it gets too hot.
Hi
I have the Louellabelle White lamp and you have to make sure it's approx 6" to 8" away from clients nails. It has a 40watt bulb and it's the metal shade that gets a bit hot so doesn't come into contact with the client. It's quite adjustable so I make sure the client is comfortable and then adjust the lamp position and distance accordingly.

Latest posts

Back