IBX & insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautG

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I've been looking in to ordering some IBX as I have a few clients who will definitely benefit from it, from my research & asking on here I've gathered there's no specific training course but I'm just wondering how that works with regards insurance?

Thank you x

Most insurers say that as long as you follow manufacturers instructions your fine xxxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Most insurers say that as long as you follow manufacturers instructions your fine xxxx

Great thanks for the reply Hun xx

Aaahh I've just heard back from my insurer ABT and they have said they don't cover IBX. Can someone tell me an insurer that does cover IBX please? xx

Aaahh I've just heard back from my insurer ABT and they have said they don't cover IBX. Can someone tell me an insurer that does cover IBX please? xx

Really?! How strange I may have to give them a call too as all my salon insurances are with them x

Did they say why not? This seems a bit strange we are salon professionals and are able to follow manufacturers guidelines and instructions when they say no training is required.
I will follow this up too with ABT as I am insured with them.

I agree insurance should cover IBX. It is only another treatment as was Nailtiques and others so I cant see the problem but I am with another company so maybe they differ

That's odd? If no training is required there should be no problems especially if your qualified in manicure? Xxxc

It is strange as it is just an extra add on, & if there's no specific training?! I'm with professional beauty & have just emailed. I will let you know if I hear back x

Did they say why not? This seems a bit strange we are salon professionals and are able to follow manufacturers guidelines and instructions when they say no training is required.
I will follow this up too with ABT as I am insured with them.

Yes I emailed them back and asked why it wasn't covered and their response was simply:

'It is not something which the underwriters wish to insure for. Sorry we can't help.'

I assumed I would be covered ok, so disappointed it isn't to be honest.

It is strange as it is just an extra add on, & if there's no specific training?! I'm with professional beauty & have just emailed. I will let you know if I hear back x

Yea be interesting to find out who actually covers this treatment!

Maybe producing a small form for clients to fill and sign as a disclaimer may be a way around it, just explaining the circumstances that it would be at there own risk, not because of the tech's inexperience but because of the insurance companies being unwilling!

Maybe producing a small form for clients to fill and sign as a disclaimer may be a way around it, just explaining the circumstances that it would be at there own risk, not because of the tech's inexperience but because of the insurance companies being unwilling!

I would think this would scare most clients out of doing the treatments. Besides that, from what I read on here, a disclaimer isn't worth the paper its written on and would mean nothing IF something ever occurred:/

I would think this would scare most clients out of doing the treatments. Besides that, from what I read on here, a disclaimer isn't worth the paper its written on and would mean nothing IF something ever occurred:/

I agree, I think by saying insurance companies won't insurance this treatment makes it sound like 'high risk'. I always do a consolidation with my clients before any treatment, they fill in a card to say no allergies, no previous reactions, meds etc... And if I then follow procedure as per instructions and they do have a reaction, surely there's not a lot they could do anyway, Because I've done everything correctly?!

Be interesting to know which companies insure this treatment... If any!? Think we all may be switching at some point! x

I'm due to renew my insurance, so will be following this with interest. I was with ABT, so I've just popped them an email to see if I can get anymore information. I'll let you know the reply. X

I'm due to renew my insurance, so will be following this with interest. I was with ABT, so I've just popped them an email to see if I can get anymore information. I'll let you know the reply. X

Following this as I'm also with ABT and I'd like to know what they say.

Morning everyone,

Just an update Professional beauty have told me I'm covered as long as I carry it out in the same methods used to apply gel polish, I explained about there being no specific training.
They were very friendly & quick to respond.

Xx

ABT won't cover it at all because it's not a qualification and has no certification. I think it's safe to say they've lost a lot of customers!

Morning everyone,

Just an update Professional beauty have told me I'm covered as long as I carry it out in the same methods used to apply gel polish, I explained about there being no specific training.
They were very friendly & quick to respond.

Xx

Oh that's good. Pro beauty are my insurers too. 😊

My insurers Salon Gold cover you for using IBX :)

Latest posts

Back