IBX Repair not working

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren Grimes

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My mum had her acrylics taken off about a year ago.

Her nails have never been the strongest however after having her acrylics taken off they were worse than ever (she had them in filled and removed using a drill for many years before I knew of the damage they do!)

She decided to try bio sculpture as an alternative however this didn't seem to help and it would lift from her nails.

I have since gotten my qualifications and bought a Gelish lamp to do gel polish for her as I thought this would be the best solution for her (as little damage as possible for removal but something that would hopefully protect her nails). We bought IBX repair and have been using it for a couple of months now however there is no difference in her nails whatsoever. They may actually be worse.

A couple of nails aren't so bad but she has a thumb that always splits and they are extremely weak.

Is there anything anyone can suggest as an alternative maybe as with the constant breaking, splitting and peeling it's making her fingers sore.

(She also uses cuticle oil regularly and we have tried OPI nail envy in the past under normal polish however we found as the polish can chip easily it wasn't giving her any strength to her nails which is what we was hoping gel polish could provide.)

Any suggestions would be lovely as it's driving her mad why her nails just aren't getting any better.

Thank you xx

Can you post a pic of her nails with nothing on?

Also the nails which split, is it a vertical ridge/split? If her nails are already weak you need to make sure you don't file or buff the surface at all, every swipe with a file is removing layers of the plate which will continue to make them thinner and weaker.

How regularly have you been applying IBX.

Can you post a pic of her nails with nothing on?

Also the nails which split, is it a vertical ridge/split? If her nails are already weak you need to make sure you don't file or buff the surface at all, every swipe with a file is removing layers of the plate which will continue to make them thinner and weaker.

How regularly have you been applying IBX.

Yes I will when I take the gel off next, probably within the next couple of days.

It's a vertical split. I even tried a tea bag repair to try to hold it together but it's split under that too.

I only buff very gently to remove excess de lamination before the treatment - should I not even do this?

I've been applying it about every 2 weeks (every time the gel is re applied)

xx

Could I ask if you are using both bottles of IBX, as in the IBX and IBX Repair as a system? As I noticed you mention using IBX repair, so wonder if you have been using only that bottle and therefore not getting the desired results.

My only other suggestion would be to look at a system such as Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel, which is an extension gel that you could use as an overlay. It would be stronger than gel polish to support the nails, and is also a soak off and no buff system.

Could I ask if you are using both bottles of IBX, as in the IBX and IBX Repair as a system? As I noticed you mention using IBX repair, so wonder if you have been using only that bottle and therefore not getting the desired results.

My only other suggestion would be to look at a system such as Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel, which is an extension gel that you could use as an overlay. It would be stronger than gel polish to support the nails, and is also a soak off and no buff system.

Yes I am using both bottles. Only one coat of each though so wondering maybe I should do 2 coats of repair (heating and curing each time). That's a good idea, I'll look into it, thank you!

Does anyone know why it may not be working as everyone seems to be having great results from it! I'm pretty sure it isn't user error as I've researched and read the instructions and watched videos several times.

xx

Thanks, I just wanted to see if you were following all steps, but if you are using correctly as instructed then I'm not sure why you aren't seeing results :(

Thanks, I just wanted to see if you were following all steps, but if you are using correctly as instructed then I'm not sure why you aren't seeing results :(

Ah I'm sorry if my reply came across as rude! As far as I know I'm doing it correctly! It's frustrating as I was hoping for some really good results but not seeing anything yet xx

Ah I'm sorry if my reply came across as rude! As far as I know I'm doing it correctly! It's frustrating as I was hoping for some really good results but not seeing anything yet xx

Don't be silly, I didn't think it was rude at all lol. I understand the frustration, I was just confirming that you were doing as instructed, and you confirmed it [emoji16] x

I'm finding CND RescueRxx to be amazing, may be worth a try

I wouldn't buff away any delamination instead the IBX repair should seep between the layers and seal them. You should be able to see that happening, so don't put under the heat until you can see that it's between the separated layers. Also try using IBX Repair twice initially.

Thanks everyone, I'm going to redo her gel tonight so I'll post a photo once it's off.

Thank you again for all your help! xx

I personally find that with clients with severe damage - I skip gel or enhancement completely - use ibx and ibx repair weekly and team that up with opi nail envy every other day - do this for about
Month - you should see an improvement xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1438210521.396984.jpg

This client had really bad nails - we used ibx and ibx repair weekly with her using opi nail envy in between treatments and within 3 weeks this was the difference x

Latest posts

Back