IBX?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tasha87

Reaction score
Hi, recently I've had a lot of new clients come from another nail tech as she has 'ruined' there nails,
After some digging, I've found out she uses what she tells clients is a 'protective layer'

Stuff is IBX repair and strengthen, they clients cannot get it off, it's damaged there natural nails, and she's not asking if they'd like it on?

Clients are furious and so am I as I wouldn't dream of just going ahead and putting something on clients Nails without explaining what it is and what to do if need it taking off,

It seems she's had previous gel polish peel off or not lasting and this seems to help that also??

But I'm thinking if you prep nail right you won't have any trouble, I've had clients range from 4-7 weeks with gel polish on and I don't use anything to help it stick or last longer??

Can anyone help?? How do you remove this product? X

IBX is a strengthening treatment that penetrates into the upper nail plate and helps repair and strengthen nails. It is cured into the nail so grows out with your natural nail. You cannot remove it.
I went on thier training course and it was very informative and is a great product. Alot of nail techs use it on here to help people with weak nails, as it strengthens them it helps to protect your nails during the removal process.
I use it regularly on myself and friends and haven't had any problems. Only seen great improvement and helps my polish stay on longer as my nails are no longer chipping.

Maybe have a read up on it, It's a great product, obviously if used correctly by a trained professional.

I can't imagine IBX damaging the nails. How can you possibly go wrong with that? It's amazing!
Are you sure it's IBX?

Are you sure it's Ibx?
I've been using it under both vinylux and shellac for a range of clients including myself.
On removal you don't see any Ibx product and doesn't affect removal of gel or polish.

In no way could the Ibx damage nails unless the application was appalling.

I suspect this other tech might've used a hard gel/acrylic as a base layer??

I don't see how it can be IBX, I've got it on natural nails with no polish right now & you can't even see it.

Whatever she is using is not genuine IBX.

Tbh and this is only my opinion when i have new clients they never tell the truth about there previous beautician or the treatments. The other nsil tech has probably explained everything beforehand and the clients haven't listened because im sure if they have had gel polish in the pasted and it hasn't lasted thats why she/he has done this treatment. Not everyone can ware gel polish and get it to last 3 weeks plus as they might have oily nail beds.

When I've had 4 in space of a week all telling me similar stories and looking at there nails, I'm in a small village and there is only few nail techs?

I did some reading up on it last night and assured them that's it's a good product as I never heard of a 'protective layer'

But when soaking off the gel they've had ontop it's not removing the IBX?

But these clients are angry as they have not asked for it to be put on? It's something if I did myself I would recommend to clients,

And there natural nails where you can see it applied is very pitted - damage if expect to see if saw the USA type nail places,

If you can actually see another layer still on the nail having soaked off the gel then this is definitely not Ibx.

If the clients are angry and have damaged nails then they should be following it up with the original tech as a complaint.

You could be brave and phone the other tech and ask what she has used? [emoji12]

Are you sure it isn't IBD? Which you have just mixed up the names Tash? IBD do make a hard gel, there are also fakes available on eBay etc which could create the damage you are describing.

I very much doubt clients will not know they are having an IBX treatment in addition to a gel polish manicure as you use a heat source then use an led lamp so it is not your usual nail application process so the clients will ask questions and I doubt the tech would do this for free without charging as it costs product and time which should be charged for.

* (Their , not *there ).

Hi, recently I've had a lot of new clients come from another nail tech as she has 'ruined' there nails,
After some digging, I've found out she uses what she tells clients is a 'protective layer'

Stuff is IBX repair and strengthen, they clients cannot get it off, it's damaged there natural nails, and she's not asking if they'd like it on?

Clients are furious and so am I as I wouldn't dream of just going ahead and putting something on clients Nails without explaining what it is and what to do if need it taking off,

It seems she's had previous gel polish peel off or not lasting and this seems to help that also??

But I'm thinking if you prep nail right you won't have any trouble, I've had clients range from 4-7 weeks with gel polish on and I don't use anything to help it stick or last longer??

Can anyone help?? How do you remove this product? X
Hi

Hi Tasha, Thank you for posting this. IBX is not a gel it is a natural nail strengthening system that is deposited to the inner layers of the nail plate to help strengthen, repair and protect the nail from the inside out. IBX does not get removed as it is inside the nail not on top. IBX is a strengthener and cannot damage the nails at all, it actually does just the opposite. So, tell your clients to stop trying to remove it, this is what is damaging their nails. if you want to know more about IBX please go to our website at www.ibxnails.com and if you have any other questions, you are more than welcome to email me and I would be happy to help further. [email protected]

Ibx is completely invisible - It doesn't sound like it's that to me. I've used it for a longtime, fab product but the whole point is it sits IN the nail not ON TOP of the nail so there is nothing to see. And it can only do good, quite honestly, I don't think it would be possible to ruin nails with ibx if you tried!

Think nailpod has a point, if it's IBD that would make more sense.

Latest posts

Back