ICS make up course or QC Master make up course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sazash

Reaction score
Last edited:
Any help would be great thanks

Does it have to be a home learn course?

I'm not convinced that make up is something that would lend itself well to a home learn course.

I agree with Salj (as usual!) - make up really isn't suited to distance learning. Have you looked if any local colleges offer evening classes if you're worried about being able to attend a course full time?

Hi,
I did my make up training at the London School of Beauty, it was a 10 week course on a Saturday with final exams at the end. This was in 2008 so things may have changed but its worth checking out their website.
Was abit pricey but the teachers were all fully qualified & practicing make up artists - my teacher had a fair few celebrity clients.
Good luck x

Sorry to post again done some more research ics course is cheaper, but the qc one helps you with business and cover more, you get different kit with both. Does anyone know anything about these or what one would be beast thanks! Here's the links to the both!

http://www.icslearn.co.uk/distance-...certificate-make-up-artist.aspx#tabs-course-2

QC Makeup Academy - Learn Professional Makeup Artistry From Home

Ive been looking at courses in make-up, and ics is one of the ones im interested in too. The only reason i have chose home learning is because i work and have 2 young children, not sure what ur case is, but i work in a salon so i have the hands on experience there to start with, i think its best what u feel comfortable doing, would you prefer to go into a college and learn or are you comfortable doing it at home? Xx

Saying that......if u already have a beauty back ground u will know all the ins and outs ull need to know, if ur not id say its best to do it at college as u will learn more xx

Ive been looking at courses in make-up, and ics is one of the ones im interested in too. The only reason i have chose home learning is because i work and have 2 young children, not sure what ur case is, but i work in a salon so i have the hands on experience there to start with, i think its best what u feel comfortable doing, would you prefer to go into a college and learn or are you comfortable doing it at home? Xx
Hiya yeah I work in a hair salon, but I want to get a make up qualification also so I can get into doing hair and makeup up for brides, proms, photoshoots etc. I'm currently in full time work Tuesday-Saturday so it home learning is my only option really, evening class would be great but I can't seem to be able to find any? Xx

Hiya yeah I work in a hair salon, but I want to get a make up qualification also so I can get into doing hair and makeup up for brides, proms, photoshoots etc. I'm currently in full time work Tuesday-Saturday so it home learning is my only option really, evening class would be great but I can't seem to be able to find any? Xx

I cant find any in my area either that arent going to cost me all four of my limbs haha its a bugger being 22 i have to pay for all my courses, shouldve carried on instead of swerving my attention to boys haha ive seen another one tho its on Course Overview. Im scowring the tinternet looking up all possibilitys and im so confused as to were to turn but i like the look of the ICS and this one ^^^^^ xx

Oh forgot.......we cant get an NVQ in make-up as home learning arent accredited to do so. But like the courses and ics give u alternative that are just as good :) xx

Hmm it does seem the easiest one for me! The qc academy comes with bits to help u start your own business which looks cool, but I've read that you don't get much work unless its a well known qualification like Nvq. London school of beauty do a to day course but I'm really stuck on what to do!!:Scared:

Id say go with what u feel is going to benefit u more........if you can get liability insurance id say itd b fine. Why would u b able to get liabity insurance if its not good enough. Its gotta b approved by the correct parties. That qc one pooks really good. Quite expensive but i spose as the saying goes u get wat u pay for :) what i have noticed is tho every course i e looked at caries a different title, thers that many to chose from its just finding out and reading up on what you think will benefit u more xx

Sorry for the typo dam iphones lol xx

Id say go with what u feel is going to benefit u more........if you can get liability insurance id say itd b fine. Why would u b able to get liabity insurance if its not good enough. Its gotta b approved by the correct parties. That qc one pooks really good. Quite expensive but i spose as the saying goes u get wat u pay for :) what i have noticed is tho every course i e looked at caries a different title, thers that many to chose from its just finding out and reading up on what you think will benefit u more xx

Yeah I'll have to see thanks! Good luck with the course if u do it! Xxx

Hiya,

I'm probably the other side of the fence when it comes to distance learning courses. For some things, granted they just don't, but for makeup i would say they do. I actually took the master makeup artistry course with QC makeup academy. I am a young parent and had literally no time or money to attend a school. Plus I was living in America at the time.

I LOVED the course. They have different payment plans. They will give you your work in modules. You will have to complete many assignments and send it numerous theory work and photo evidence to a personal tutor. You also get booklets for each unit that you are working on with tonnes of information and beautiful pictures. I completed my course a while back and have had a lot of interest in my work.

Makeup artistry is a talent. You can teach it to anyone, but if they don't have the talent they wont make it as a great makeup artist. Even if your taught by the world best MUA, you still need talent. QC offer a wide variety of colour theory-prosthetics and FX. I would recommend it for sure!
Please feel free to have a look at my facebook. www.facebook.com/jemmamakeupartist and you will find a link to a QC interview I have done and many pictures of makeup. :)

Hiya,

I'm probably the other side of the fence when it comes to distance learning courses. For some things, granted they just don't, but for makeup i would say they do. I actually took the master makeup artistry course with QC makeup academy. I am a young parent and had literally no time or money to attend a school. Plus I was living in America at the time.

I LOVED the course. They have different payment plans. They will give you your work in modules. You will have to complete many assignments and send it numerous theory work and photo evidence to a personal tutor. You also get booklets for each unit that you are working on with tonnes of information and beautiful pictures. I completed my course a while back and have had a lot of interest in my work.

Makeup artistry is a talent. You can teach it to anyone, but if they don't have the talent they wont make it as a great makeup artist. Even if your taught by the world best MUA, you still need talent. QC offer a wide variety of colour theory-prosthetics and FX. I would recommend it for sure!
Please feel free to have a look at my facebook. www.facebook.com/jemmamakeupartist and you will find a link to a QC interview I have done and many pictures of makeup. :)

Nice to see someone agree with home learning courses on here lol i do a home learning course for my degree in accountancy with the open university and there amazing, like i said be4 ive been going through so many websites ro see which is best theres just so much to take in lol nice to see you loved the qc make-up artistry, its good hearing from people who have actually done it and have had a food experience especially lol im thinking of doing that course now u 2 ladies have mentioned it, just to sort out funds and off we go :) xx ps just liked ur page, i love it, i love wacky out there things like youve done....AMAZING! Xx

Aww thanks hunny, you can only do so much 'natural makeup' before you need a splash of colour to liven it up for a while :p I love playing around with colours, and the QC course does get you to express yourself also :)

Plus they are always super helpful if you need any help or feedback. :)

Aww thanks hunny, you can only do so much 'natural makeup' before you need a splash of colour to liven it up for a while :p I love playing around with colours, and the QC course does get you to express yourself also :)

:-D think im going to enrol in this course now :) made my mind up FINALLY haha im really creative with my nails i do so beingable to try it with make-up, i might burst haha xx

Little problem.......its in dollars :-s need it in £'s x

Latest posts

Back