I'd love your opinions on my new website.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victoriabar

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
well I have finally put together a web space after reading how many of you were sorting yours out earlier in the year it inspired me to begin putting together my own.

It's taken me a few months but I am at a place where I am quite happy with it and ready to share, although I won't be going 'live' with it until I have sorted out my insurance and made a few tweaks.

I'd really appreciate anything good or bad that you think or feel about it, after all All feedback is constructive :biggrin:

personally...
1. I am not sure about how the gallery pics change in each section.
2. I know I need to put up some far far better pics in my gallery but they are currently on my laptop and my charger blew up so no chance of getting them right now so I have had to use my phone pics.
3. also I want to replace the stock pics on the homepage.

www.cute-ickles.co.nr

Thanks x

When you say the stock pictures, where did you get them from and do you have permission to use them?

If you have taken pictures from the net then you may run the risk of being sued if you do not have permission.

I do like the colours though, very relaxing.

Hi, I like the 'flow' of your website very easy to find what you are looking for. MY only crititism is the pictures in your gallery are quite blurry so you can't see the full extent of your work, which is a shame.

Hope that helps.

x

Oh and one more tiny thing is you need capital 'I's instead of an 'i' in your description of yourself!

I really like the website it is easy to navigate and the colours are great.

I understand that you are mobile but I can't see what areas you cover. It needs to be on your website in a few places so that it is picked up by search engines and you attract local clients. No point someone ringing you from Wales if you are in London :biggrin:

I expect its me being a dinosaur, but couldnt get anything in the gallery to work - might be worth checking. good luck with your new venture.

When you say the stock pictures, where did you get them from and do you have permission to use them?

If you have taken pictures from the net then you may run the risk of being sued if you do not have permission.

I do like the colours though, very relaxing.

The stock pics are free ones to use on the wix website, there are some you have to pay for but i just used the free ones till i can get my own on there.
Thank you though :biggrin:

Hi, I like the 'flow' of your website very easy to find what you are looking for. MY only crititism is the pictures in your gallery are quite blurry so you can't see the full extent of your work, which is a shame.

Hope that helps.

x

Oh and one more tiny thing is you need capital 'I's instead of an 'i' in your description of yourself!

OOhh thanks, i forgot i needed to go and correct my i's into I's

all my decent pics are on my laptop and with no charger i have to wait until i can replace it until i can swap my old fuzzy ones into the ones i saved specifically for the site.

thank you too, it deff does help x

I really like the website it is easy to navigate and the colours are great.

I understand that you are mobile but I can't see what areas you cover. It needs to be on your website in a few places so that it is picked up by search engines and you attract local clients. No point someone ringing you from Wales if you are in London :biggrin:

Blimey i can't beleive i forgot the most basic or things, heheh yes indeed an area would be the done thing, thank you too :biggrin:

thank you ladies very much, the colours up until last night were red and black and all swirly, one of my male buddies showed his wife her opinion was it was more raunchy than serene and although it was more ME it wasn't veiwer friendly..lol. so the content stayed the same but all the colours bit by bit changed, it was amazingly hard to get myself out of my favourite colours and look for another set that flowed :lol:

I expect its me being a dinosaur, but couldnt get anything in the gallery to work - might be worth checking. good luck with your new venture.
Hi Duchess, thanks for looking. can you be more specific about the gallery that wasnt working, which tab?
i'm not seeing any issues here but would be great if others could know and check too, thanks :biggrin:

I love the design of your site, I would say to put your own pictures of your work on and also to make the photo's a lot more clearer

Good luck

I love your site.xx Did your daughter do the henna tattoo's they are lovely. Good luck with it.xx

I agree, the flow of the site is lovely, it has a nice feel.

As already mentioned, the i's need to be changed to I's.

I would consider not using the stock photos that are not your own work, especially if you are still training as I believe this could bite you in the bum because clients might look at these pics and expect to get exactly this and they don't, then they spread bad mouth advertising about you instead of good.
Get that charger as quickly as possible and change the blurry shots and change the stock shots to your own work.

In your gallery, you have each section sort of set up differently, as in the main pic is sometimes on the left, then in the next section it's on the right but with the princess pics, you have used some kind of hand that places the pics there when you change the pic but this is the only section you have used it in but to be honest, I reckon the hand looks a bit tacky and random, it takes away from the nice flow of the site as it takes it to a cartoon sort of level if you know what I mean:)

Overall though it is a lovely site, you have done well.

Last edited:
hi its a lovely site, but it seems your only advertising mani and pedi at the moment, are you still training or are you qualified alredy at these services, what about gels acrylics? also seems your prices are quite cheap, can a buisness run on just offering these services? i'd love to know as i'm still training at mo in college but have paid for a spray tan course seperately and am booked in for a gel course in three wks time so will be trying to start something off myself shortly. Good luck with it all:biggrin:

I love the design of your site, I would say to put your own pictures of your work on and also to make the photo's a lot more clearer

Good luck
Thanks Sharondd, as soon as i can get my laptop working i can replace my fuzzy pics with my clear ones but i will continue to take and replace fuzzy for clear as i go along :biggrin:

I love your site.xx Did your daughter do the henna tattoo's they are lovely. Good luck with it.xx
Thanks Jo, yes Allie did the Henna, i have more on my laptop so these too will be transfered over as soon as i get it working again :biggrin:

I agree, the flow of the site is lovely, it has a nice feel.

As already mentioned, the i's need to be changed to I's.

I would consider not using the stock photos that are not your own work, especially if you are still training as I believe this could bite you in the bum because clients might look at these pics and expect to get exactly this and they don't, then they spread bad mouth advertising about you instead of good.
Get that charger as quickly as possible and change the blurry shots and change the stock shots to your own work.

In your gallery, you have each section sort of set up differently, as in the main pic is sometimes on the left, then in the next section it's on the right but with the princess pics, you have used some kind of hand that places the pics there when you change the pic but this is the only section you have used it in but to be honest, I reckon the hand looks a bit tacky and random, it takes away from the nice flow of the site as it takes it to a cartoon sort of level if you know what I mean:)

Overall though it is a lovely site, you have done well.
thank you Wooshka, until i get the pics from the laptop i may put a notice saying that these pics are not my own work or something to that effect, i dont want folk to be expecting one thing or not be happy with not receiving what they see, i am currently trying to get pics done of my own incase it wasnt the charger that blew (actually i dont even want to think of that scenario..lol.)

the pic swapping in the gallery was a big HHMmmmm for me but thank you you have given me the reason why, it is tacky for the hand and not going with a flow - to be honest i chose it as it was child like and seemed to go mentally with the princess idea..lol. i will for sure be changing that one. :biggrin:

hi its a lovely site, but it seems your only advertising mani and pedi at the moment, are you still training or are you qualified alredy at these services, what about gels acrylics? also seems your prices are quite cheap, can a buisness run on just offering these services? i'd love to know as i'm still training at mo in college but have paid for a spray tan course seperately and am booked in for a gel course in three wks time so will be trying to start something off myself shortly. Good luck with it all:biggrin:
thanks Albarn, yes i am still in college training so hence my lower prices, ive been told to raise them but i think they are already high enough for training costs to cover my equipment and petrol.
i haven't added acrylics yet tho i can do them as we havent covered them in college yet and i am aware there may be a better more efficiant way or even safer way of doing them, i self taught over 26yrs ago you see and tho never charged friends etc for doing them, i did it all for the love and joy of just doing nails i decided once i started my course to not do them or practise my way until i have covered them in college, not done gels or fiberglass yet but they will be added once we cover those and have passed assesments
trying to find insurance was a toughie tho to be honest but good luch with your venture too, i know im going to be nervous as heck when i do put it live but i will enjoy it all and know all my practising will be worth it :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back