Ideas for Hot Towels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
Hi - I need ideas on how to heat my towel. I did have a towel cabinet but I sold it when I was pregnant - hormones - I really can't afford a new one until I start making money - any suggestions because I LOVE hot towels.

hi francesXXX,

what you can do ( plan ahead), wet some hand towel, roll it and wrap it with cling film, and warm it in the micro wave for about 5min, the longer you leave it the hotter it get.

We used this techniques in a spa i used to work.

g.lo

Great- I have a tefal slow cooker that's never been used - that'll do the job nicely. I'll give it a trial run tomorrow - thanks ladies

can i just ask about how to use the hot towels and when please.I was never shown at college when and how to put hot towels in the facial routine.Do you think if i search you tube for hourse for a video that there will be one on there so i can see how this method is done please?

Sorry to jump in thread x

can i just ask about how to use the hot towels and when please.I was never shown at college when and how to put hot towels in the facial routine.Do you think if i search you tube for hourse for a video that there will be one on there so i can see how this method is done please?

Sorry to jump in thread x

I tend to use the hot towels to remove the masks although you can use them instead of sponges at any stage. All I do is fold 2 towels in half, lay one across the face below the nose and one above. I will lay my hands on them for a few seconds and then as I said use them to remove the mask.

I also use them for the same thing in manicures and pedicures.

It is a lovely addition to any treatment and clients love it. You can also add a few drops of essential oils to them too to add a lovely fragrance.

I tend to use the hot towels to remove the masks although you can use them instead of sponges at any stage. All I do is fold 2 towels in half, lay one across the face below the nose and one above. I will lay my hands on them for a few seconds and then as I said use them to remove the mask.

I also use them for the same thing in manicures and pedicures.

It is a lovely addition to any treatment and clients love it. You can also add a few drops of essential oils to them too to add a lovely fragrance.

Hi, so you mean you are placing the towels under the nose {client can breath} acroos the face so this will cover the mouth area then just lay across?
Then above the nose so this then lays across the eyes and lays gently over the face/foreheahead etc?

thanks

Im going to traul you tube for a video of this towel method with facials so if anyone finds one or fancys doing there own {with clients permission of course} hint hint please let me know.

x

what a good idea! ive never thought of doing this. its something simple that can make it a extra special treatment. i will be adding this to my treatments :lol:

Hi, so you mean you are placing the towels under the nose {client can breath} acroos the face so this will cover the mouth area then just lay across?
Then above the nose so this then lays across the eyes and lays gently over the face/foreheahead etc?

thanks

Yes, basically using 2 small towels (these are about 12" square) one above the nose, one below, letting them breathe! Lay your hands on the towels and let them rest for a little, then remove. If you have used a setting mask then this nicely moistens it to make it easier to remove too.

food steamer is the best and cheapest option, i use a tefal one you can heat a few sets of towels together on the different layers, roll the towels so they heat evenly, turn on for 10-15 mins, make sure you open the lid away from you, then lay one towel onto the chest and one under the lower lip, you can then fold this up over the face and do some pressure point movements, they cool quite quicly and begin to feel unpleasant so dont leave them on too long, wrap the corners back on your thumbs and use good pressure to remove any masks/creams

I use two towels, each folded in half along the length of the towel. One of these lays across the chest of the client & I lay the middle of the other on the clients chin & wrap it round the face. As it's hard to describe I had a look online in a bored moment & found this, which kind of demonstrates the way I lay it on the face (although I'm a bit less sloppy!):

How to Shave with Straight Razors : How to Use Hot Towels to Pre - Video

Then I use the loose ends to wipe down the face, and finally wrap my left hand in the towel to make a kind of mitt (holding the loose ends with my right hand), which I then use to wipe around the face. Very hard to describe!!!

Thanks for the link iv got a rough idea now thanks x

Latest posts

Back