Igora Royal -00, which developer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeganEmilyy

Reaction score
I read online that igora Royal -00 was supposed to be used with their 9% 30 vol developer however the hair Im doing is a Level 6 with some greys so I was intending to use 6% 20 vol with 5-00 as base colour but it’s thrown me seeing that the -00 colours are to be used with 30 vol. does anyone know which one is best to use?

I’ve always been taught 30 vol with them although I prefer the absolutes xxxxx

I’ve always been taught 30 vol with them although I prefer the absolutes xxxxx

Thanks for your reply! When I think 30 vol I think lift! Would you think the 20 will be ok as I’m depositing one level? xxxx

You can use 20 with it I got told once by one of their over the phone technicians but I think the only recommend that for 90% white and above... the absolutes are 30 vol with under 90% white hair and 20vol with over 90% too xxxxx

You can use 20 with it I got told once by one of their over the phone technicians but I think the only recommend that for 90% white and above... the absolutes are 30 vol with under 90% white hair and 20vol with over 90% too xxxxx

So 20 vol is best with 5-00 if the client has got over 90% white but as she is a level 6 30vol is recommended? xxxxx

If she is over 90% white she can’t be a base 6.... she’s white.... if her roots are over 90% white a she is a level 6 through hair colour you would use 6.00 with 20 vol but if she’s under 90% grey you would use 30 vol... if you use 5.00 at the roots and she’s a 6 on mid lengths and ends you’ll have banding so I don’t understand why you’d be using the 5? you could try contacting Schwarzkopf professional to double check via Facebook or phone, it’s all down to the percentage of grey I believe xxxxx

If she is over 90% white she can’t be a base 6.... she’s white.... if her roots are over 90% white a she is a level 6 through hair colour you would use 6.00 with 20 vol but if she’s under 90% grey you would use 30 vol... if you use 5.00 at the roots and she’s a 6 on mid lengths and ends you’ll have banding so I don’t understand why you’d be using the 5? you could try contacting Schwarzkopf professional to double check via Facebook or phone, it’s all down to the percentage of grey I believe xxxxx

Ok thankyou for your help! No she is 20% grey with her natural colour a 6 but she wants to go darker hence the 5. I will contact them tomorrow thanku xxxxx

I would go in with 30 vol still but contact them to see what they say, I’d hate to ill advise you xxxxx

I would go in with 30 vol still but contact them to see what they say, I’d hate to ill advise you xxxxx

Thankyou for your help anyway :) xxxx

Latest posts

Back