Igora Royal - any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmapj

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a total hair sl*t and am always going from one brand to another :')

So far I have bought charts and a fair amount of stock with Rusk, Loreal, Wella and XP (XP has a disgusting smell!)

I was looking in my local Sallys for some nice rich colours and I saw the Igora Royal chart. I'm really impressed with their shade choices.

Unfortunately my local sallys has hardly ANY stock, so no colours that I can really buy and try out at home. I went online and saw the shade chart is a stuuupid amount of money, but being mobile and with a crap sallys I need one so I can order online :)

Sorry massive rant! Anyways what are peoples opinions or experiences of these colours? Any info would be fab. Thank u!

Love it! The quasi colours are gorgeous and shiny. What you see is what you get with it. It really is fab. 30-45 minute development time xx

I worked with schwarpskopf for years and always found them excellent, I don't anymore tho I use colorissimo & goldwell now but still get the 7-57 & 10-5 for my mum and 0-11 for me, are u aware the numbering system is different with them tho? 5 is gold

I worked with schwarpskopf for years and always found them excellent, I don't anymore tho I use colorissimo & goldwell now but still get the 7-57 & 10-5 for my mum and 0-11 for me, are u aware the numbering system is different with them tho? 5 is gold

How come you moved over to colorissimo and goldwell?

Coz I got laid off from the salon where we used schwarpskopf but I already used the colours above while working there so stuck with them, then went mobile so wanted something cheap but good to work with so chose colorissimo and I used goldwell in college so was familiar with that, a rep visited a few months back and I started getting the highlifts & double bases & all the colours that colourissimo are rubbish at off him :) I'd like to go all goldwell but it's just daft to pay so much for a tiny tube when I get a huge one for half the price out of colourisimo just dosent please my pocket to pay lots for something that I can get equally good but cheaper lol

Coz I got laid off from the salon where we used schwarpskopf but I already used the colours above while working there so stuck with them, then went mobile so wanted something cheap but good to work with so chose colorissimo and I used goldwell in college so was familiar with that, a rep visited a few months back and I started getting the highlifts & double bases & all the colours that colourissimo are rubbish at off him :) I'd like to go all goldwell but it's just daft to pay so much for a tiny tube when I get a huge one for half the price out of colourisimo just dosent please my pocket to pay lots for something that I can get equally good but cheaper lol

Ahhh right! Yeah as long as it does the job so what?

Some of the colours in colorissimo are awesome but some are poop so I got my faves in every range :)

😂😂😂cheers

Yea just like the op actually lol, I'm onto Ilumina next :)

Love illumina, hope you do too!

Wish I used wella still 😔 illumina is beaut

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

😂😂😂cheers

Yea just like the op actually lol, I'm onto Ilumina next :)

If you try illimuna and don't like it, I'll slap myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you try illimuna and don't like it, I'll slap myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Illumia does look gd x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Illumina is amazing so work the cost of it!

Hi,

I'm a total hair sl*t and am always going from one brand to another :')

So far I have bought charts and a fair amount of stock with Rusk, Loreal, Wella and XP (XP has a disgusting smell!)

I was looking in my local Sallys for some nice rich colours and I saw the Igora Royal chart. I'm really impressed with their shade choices.

Unfortunately my local sallys has hardly ANY stock, so no colours that I can really buy and try out at home. I went online and saw the shade chart is a stuuupid amount of money, but being mobile and with a crap sallys I need one so I can order online :)

Sorry massive rant! Anyways what are peoples opinions or experiences of these colours? Any info would be fab. Thank u!

I'm only a 2nd year student so not experienced like you guys and for years ( before any training - I've been doing my friends and family's hair for years - bad I know ! ) I used Igora royal! Knew nothing else so stuck with it ..

Then realised that my mum isn't even 25% grey and the 8-1 didn't take as nicely to her hair as the colorissimo, I found the Igora to be quite opaque almost and the colour needed done every 3/4 weeks - although we waited the 6 .. Switch to colorissimo and her colour lasts ages now !

I also love the 10-1 to tone 😍 xx

I trained on clynol viton, koleston abdcschwarzkopf igora, I think igora is very good, I've used cheaper too, the best has been igora

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

Its been a tried & true color of mine for years. Its standard, true to claim, one of the more consistent color lines quality wise, seems to have a lower ammonia content in the actual color portion over most, leaves hair in good health, not too warm pulling on the lighter golden tones, has good ash content & intensifiers. Their bleach Igora/Blond-me is the only bleach I use for standard color services as it breaks the gold/copper levels nicely & quickly.

Latest posts

Back